• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st Test at the SWALEC Stadium

Primrose_D12

U19 Cricketer
412 would be the third highest successful run chase ever, and the 13th highest 4th innings total ever.

I wouldn't bet on it, sorry Australia. Even if you have a whole two days of play. 15 wickets fell today so that pitch is going to be a minefield tomorrow.

superkingdave

Hall of Fame Member
Nathan Lyon said discussion with Warner when they were stopping Stokes from doing his sweep was about where to find a decent Parmi tonight :lol:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Calling it now; even if Smith faces the second ball of the innings and finishes not out in an Australian win, he won't score a triple.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hopefully Anderson goes back to realising he's a tailender and needs to actually just protect his end whilst someone far better scores runs at the other. He's giving his wicket away far too easily of late.

Gob

International Coach
I think australia would get in to a really good start and get them selves to 150/1 and everyone would start to gambeer for their team only to see Aus collapse for 230.Rad's drop was huge

Spark

Global Moderator
Haddin is copping too much blame for his drop and Voges nowhere near enough for his dismissal IMO

Gob

International Coach
Haddin is copping too much blame for his drop and Voges nowhere near enough for his dismissal IMO
Voges was bad but had rad taken that catch, it would've been 40 for 4 with ball swinging all over.Could see them getting bundled for 200 and then this would've been a totally different game.
Of course so many would'ves and could'ves that im starting to sound like captain hindsight

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
Wee bit disappointing that we've allowed Australia to keep the door slightly ajar instead of slamming it shut.
I'm sticking with having settled for this beforehand rather than the silly batting in the last hour. Wood excepted, of course.
480+ around mid-day tomorrow would have been nice, but we've had enough fortune for me to be happy with 412.

Spark

Global Moderator
Voges was bad but had rad taken that catch, it would've been 40 for 4 with ball swinging all over.Could see them getting bundled for 200 and then this would've been a totally different game.
Of course so many would'ves and could'ves that im starting to sound like captain hindsight
Haddin dropping the catch doesn't explain the bowlers serving up short, wide and legside filth afterwards though. Voges getting out in the last over of the day was genuinely massive, the match was close to even then.

You make your own luck in cricket. The best teams don't actually have more luck than other teams, they just create enough chances to make it irrelevant.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
I'm so excited by the idea of today's play that I just found channel 5 +1 to watch highlights