• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Broad literally just got in trouble, to then come out and mention KP again in a reasonably positive light is an odd move. But then again maybe he is untouchable.

Don't see how Bell has any incentive whatsoever to say what he said and to lie about it just because KP isn't back.

The shifting of the goalposts is fairly frustrating it must be said, and I'm not even a big KP fan. However if the players slayed KP in the media it'd be used as evidence of how toxic KP is. But if they say he's not that bad well they're just saying that for PR. Its been that way a lot through this saga whenever anything remotely pro KP occurs (decision to return to county cricket, runs in county cricket, positive comments from fellow players).

Last edited:

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
This is why they should shut up about him, tbh. In theory (verrrrry remote possibility, obv), he could still be in a team with them again. Too much media training, not enough team training. The team is paramount. Just. Shut. Up.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
I understand that they should shut up about KP for the team. But if they were slagging him no one would be saying that. Instead it'd be used as further proof that Strauss is right in not letting KP back. That is the hypocrisy.

Top_Cat

Not me. If they were bagging him, I'd probably advocate they zip it even more strongly. By itself, yammering to the press about a dead issue no matter their stance helps their opponents for exactly the reasons SteveNZ said. This is quite apart from the issue of Cook, a bloke asserting his hold on the team with a (rumoured) 'it's me or him' with regards KP when his hold on the team and his form is a wee bit tenuous. It just gives NZ so much to work with, especially since their pace attack is already going to give their top order some nightmares on form alone.

I agree it's a hypocrisy. So, button it, ****s.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I understand that they should shut up about KP for the team. But if they were slagging him no one would be saying that. Instead it'd be used as further proof that Strauss is right in not letting KP back. That is the hypocrisy.
Bell, Broad, Strauss etc are just throwing Cook and the ECB under a bus

Strauss basically said that he has moved on but it's a board level decision that was made before his time whilst Bell & Broad have no problem with KP

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Hahaha. Well he wasn't a bad captain tbf and he did captain a few ****s. At least he's writing about something he knows about.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Christ, they've even given Chappelli a free kick with a classic back in my day column. Why ECB, why.

Ian Chappell: Is Alastair Cook next in line to bite the dust? | Cricket | ESPN Cricinfo
Answer: Because they are incompetent ****wits who are only interested in preserving their seats on the gravy train

Bottom line is that every man and his dog knew that there were problems in the English camp during the last Ashes and the ECB decided that best way to deflect attention was to crucify KP - big mistake

Top_Cat

Kirki's auntie met and hung with Chappelli at SACA a few years back, tick the box you believe most appropriately represents how long it took to mention that he captained Australia.

[ ] <1 min
[ ] 1 - 1.5 mins
[ ] 1.5 -.1.6 mins
[ ] Didn't mention it (hahahahahahaha, pls)

Last edited:

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Not me. If they were bagging him, I'd probably advocate they zip it even more strongly. By itself, yammering to the press about a dead issue no matter their stance helps their opponents for exactly the reasons SteveNZ said. This is quite apart from the issue of Cook, a bloke asserting his hold on the team with a (rumoured) 'it's me or him' with regards KP when his hold on the team and his form is a wee bit tenuous. It just gives NZ so much to work with, especially since their pace attack is already going to give their top order some nightmares on form alone.

I agree it's a hypocrisy. So, button it, ****s.
Yeah. Honestly might be a virtue but it doesn't often pay in the media game, especially in England. If anyone stood up against KP and fanned the flames, the whole issue would spread like wildfire then the batsmen would really, really be in the public crosshairs if they failed. That's a hefty load to bear that is already hard enough against a world-class attack.

I wouldn't be surprised if the ECB media minders in their wisdom (or lack thereof, your viewpoint dependent) gave instruction for Broad especially to go the way he did. I know he's his own man but the media game is often about white lies or holding your tongue when need be.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Kirki's auntie met and hung with Chappelli at SACA a few years back, tick the box you believe most appropriately represents how long it took to mention that he captained Australia.

[ ] <1 min
[ ] 1 - 1.5 mins
[ ] 1.5 -.1.6 mins
[ ] Didn't mention it (hahahahahahaha, pls)
I feel option A should have at least 10 subcategories.