• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

It's Tough Being Me - The Kevin Pietersen Story

Shri

Mr. Glass
354. Damn, would be great if he scored 502* and walked away from all forms of cricket except T20s today. His silence after would the biggest **** you ever but he won't shut up.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Anyway, the really, really stupid thing for me is that virtually the only people happy about the current situation are those who dislike him for non-cricketing reasons and England's opponents - NZ and Oz must be pissing themselves
Not really, the thing is if adding him to the side means it splits the dressing room again then why bother?

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The media weren't silenced, that is completely unfounded
They weren't silenced, just many of them dislike KP anyway so weren't backing him and were on the ECB side so had no reason to keep churning over the same stuff constantly.
My bad. There was so little media support for him, I guess led me astray.

So Strauss says:

"But over months and years the trust has eroded between him and the ECB and there is a massive trust issue between he and I. I'm not blaming any one side for that. But because of that we have decided it is not in the best short-term interest of the side for him not to be in the team."

If it isn't any one side's fault, then why is only one side paying for it?

Last edited:

OverratedSanity

Not really, the thing is if adding him to the side means it splits the dressing room again then why bother?
Well, Strauss said the trust issue was between just him, KP and ECB. Didn't mention squat about anyone in the team having issues with him. If there is something like that, just saying it ffs. Strauss is an idiot.

And if it doessplit the side, so what? The ones who don't like him should suck it up and keep playing. They're pros.

Last edited:

Pothas

The short term bit as well. If KP keeps playing county cricket then I honestly would still not be surprised if he came back by the end of the summer.

I do think that Strauss will do a good job but this is such an awful start for him. As I said though, Graves had to take the blame for this incident.

flibbertyjibber

This attitude is what bothers me. How are they not expected to just shake hands and get on with it? Are they really that fragile? God...
Sometimes there is too much water under the bridge.

India dumped Kambli as he wasn't worth the hassle, ECB view KP the same. Nothing to see here, get over it.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

India dumped Kambli as he wasn't worth the hassle, ECB view KP the same. Nothing to see here, get over it.
Kambli started doing really well and we did bring him back. Had a terrible in game ankle injury which ended his international career.

social

Kambli is hardly KP as the guy couldn't play anything above knee height

This is simply the ECB backing one of the worst captains in living memory

As I said, NZ and Oz would be pissing themselves with laughter

harsh.ag

If you think the two are the same, you have no clue about Kambli. KP was disliked for his views about England cricket, strategies, squad (so belovedly nurtured by the coach and captain, who felt slighted when he trampled over their egos). He doesn't have a massive technical flaw against swing bowling, and wasn't drunk banging women in his England hotel room the night before the game.

Stapel

International Regular
My bad. There was so little media support for him, I guess led me astray.

So Strauss says:

"But over months and years the trust has eroded between him and the ECB and there is a massive trust issue between he and I. I'm not blaming any one side for that. But because of that we have decided it is not in the best short-term interest of the side for him not to be in the team."If it isn't any one side's fault, then why is only one side paying for it?
He's just being polite. I read things differently: According to ECB and Strauss, Pietersen still is England's best batsman (or at least worth his place), yet also the world's greatest intoxicating bastard and arsehole. They feel putting him back in the team will only poison a good sportsmen's environment.

I'm not sure what Pietersen has exactly done for the ECB to have this position. Possibly worse than we know...............

flibbertyjibber

If you think the two are the same, you have no clue about Kambli. KP was disliked for his views about England cricket, strategies, squad (so belovedly nurtured by the coach and captain, who felt slighted when he trampled over their egos). He doesn't have a massive technical flaw against swing bowling, and wasn't drunk banging women in his England hotel room the night before the game.
What is wrong with the last bit? :laugh:

King Pietersen

International Captain
I'm not sure what Pietersen has exactly done for the ECB to have this position. Possibly worse than we know...............
We do know. He got out, and he WHISTLED.The bastard.

KP's agent:

Odd time to talk about trust, given that a private meeting was made public minutes after taking place & Kevin did exactly what he was asked.