• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

1st Quarter Final - South Africa v Sri Lanka (18th March)

Who will win this match?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
My view is he was overly cautious for too long. It's a fine line and of course he's a genius player. I just think he needed to put a bit more pressure on Tahir & Duminy in particular. Dare I say it, he lacked a little #intent
Yeah I'd probably agree with this. When Thirimanne was able to score relatively freely, he should not have scored under 50% SR. That's poor regardless of the situation.....particularly once you take into account that Sri Lanka lack good icing.

anil1405

International Captain
People stood by Misbah against Proteas when he came to the crease and batted the same way Sanga did today. Batsmen supported Misbah well to get to 230 odd while the Lankan batsmen just capitulated.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Nah (woah echo chamber), it's the approach. Look at SA in 2007. Batsmen getting psyched and coming out swinging from the outset instead of playing sensibly was a choke.
Well that certainly wasn't the case here IMO.

Look I can see where you're coming through (though I'd personally consider that mental disinergration rather than choking, but meh), but it shouldn't apply to this match.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
I just came home and turned the TV on and watched the last wicket fall. I thought I was watching a replay cos I heard it might rain.

I am totally gob smacked. WTF happened?! When I see scores like this alarm bells start ringing and I have to seriously start thinking match fixing. Sanga 45 off 96, you kidding me?!

Grasshopper

State Vice-Captain
SA's bowling and fielding was very impressive, but SL didn't do themselves any favours at all. So, are the Proteas about to break their knock-outs drought, or is it...choke on?

jonbrooks

International Debutant
SA's bowling and fielding was very impressive, but SL didn't do themselves any favours at all. So, are the Proteas about to break their knock-outs drought, or is it...choke on?
I need to watch the highlights. From what I'm reading on Cricinfo there were some very soft dismissals and SL were very timid in their batting.

With all due respect, Tahir and Duminy aren't exactly the bowlers to set the world on fire. Especially when bowling against SL who are very good players of spin.