• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Likely quarter final match ups

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
No reserve day for the final though, I believe.
That's what I thought until I read

"There will be reserve days for all knockout matches in the case of rain, but if there is no result after the final is played on the reserve day, the trophy will then be shared"

Sarun

U19 Debutant
That's what I thought until I read

"There will be reserve days for all knockout matches in the case of rain, but if there is no result after the final is played on the reserve day, the trophy will then be shared"
Would be a shame if the trophy ended up shared!:laugh:

jonbrooks

International Debutant
It's going to rain in Napier tomorrow. If it is a wash out what then? Who will get the 4th position in Pool B?

Flem274*

123/5
so if we play well enough against west indies/pakistan/ireland to make the semis, we get SA or SL right?

i'd almost prefer SA. No way are they not getting freaked out and short of breath when they're faced with 40,000 New Zealanders advising them on how good they are relative to England.

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Ghosts of 2007 will definitely haunt the Indian team.
Nah. 2011 happened.
South Africa vs Sri Lanka can be very interesting. The two teams haven't met before in a world cup knock out. Something tells me it will be the most interesting quarter final. If SA don't do the classic choke, of course
SL knocked out SA in 2003. Close enough.

Flem274*

123/5
i'd rather play them than pakistan or ireland. they're not a good team that cbf, they're just a bad team. they're mercurial because of who is in the side. gayle is past it, smith just sucks, samuels technique means he will always be hit and miss, ramdin is okay, simmons is decent, too much icing, taylor is a randomly up and down bowler, roach hasn't really figured out odis yet, russell sucks and sammy is limited.

NZ will be fine. If everyone clicks for the West Indies then yes they're capable, but if everything goes right for any side on any day they will win because that's just cricket. Normally southee and boult will have their icing in very early.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Dunno why, but I've always felt the quarter final is going to be more of a danger game than the semis for NZ (even though that looks likely to be SA at Eden Park). I think if we can get up for this, we'll get to the final at the MCG.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
Dunno why, but I've always felt the quarter final is going to be more of a danger game than the semis for NZ (even though that looks likely to be SA at Eden Park). I think if we can get up for this, we'll get to the final at the MCG.
If NZ do get to the final, one thing that may well trip them up is the fact they haven't played across the Tasman yet.
Nz will most likely meet Aus or India in the final ad both those sides will be very comfortable playing at the MCG.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah hence I was saying if we win the quarter, I think "we'll get to the final" ...not win it.

jonbrooks

International Debutant
Pakistan is starting to make inroads against Ireland. They should pick up 3rd place.

So we will have:

India vs Bang
SA vs SL
Pak vs Aus
WI vs NZ

So what will be the like semi match ups then? :-)

Sarun

U19 Debutant
Assuming WI is 4th in Group B with Pak or Ire as 3rd.

Semis:
[NZ vs WI] vs [SL vs SA]
[Aus vs Pak/Ire] vs [Ban vs Ind]

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Nz vs Saffers semi could be the greatest thing ever. Wow.

I want it. But then again Lanka beating Saffers would be funny. Torn here

Howsie

International Captain
So if Ireland were to win this game against Pakistan they finish third? Would a close win not see the NR only just barely go up and leave them in fourth?