• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Likely quarter final match ups

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
If, and that's a huge ****ing if, Pakistan makes it to the Semis, I would LOVE for us to face India. All the other WC encounters between the two teams was dress rehearsal. I'm pretty sure the ICC doesn't even give them official match status. Only the next one counts. WE SHALL HAVE OUR REVENGE!!
You have nothing to lose ****.

cricman

International 12th Man
Toss to play a big role in the Bangladesh/India QF. I'd back either side to chase down anything under 315.

YorksLanka

International Debutant
Toss to play a big role in the Bangladesh/India QF. I'd back either side to chase down anything under 315.
nah I think India's bowlers wont leak that many tbh and their batsmen will just knock off whatver is et for them anyway..cant see Bangla going any further, which is a shame as i think they have played some really entertaining cricket this tournament..

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Not been easy to chase so far at all at Melbourne particularly.

I won't fancy either to chase down 315.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah **** you South Africa. You're not winning your first ever world cup knock out against Bangladesh.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
I think Bangladesh will get flattened in the qf. Their problem is that they're a similar team to India in many respects, but India are just better in every department. At least against SA, if they'd gotten a slowish wicket they'd have had a decent chance of strangling them with their spinners.

So the only remaining question is whether Pakistan can yo-yo themselves out of the WC against Ireland.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
So the only remaining question is whether Pakistan can yo-yo themselves out of the WC against Ireland.
West Indies will have to beat UAE by a biggish margin too for that to happen.

Interestingly, WI-UAE game will start 5.5 hours before PAK-IRE game. So each team will know what to hope for for their qualification by the time latter game starts.

Last edited:

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I think Bangladesh will get flattened in the qf. Their problem is that they're a similar team to India in many respects, but India are just better in every department.
Yeah this. Case of little brother vs. big brother in that respect.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
South Africa vs Sri Lanka easily the most intriguing QF. First batters should win etc. Hope its close.