• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

You know what really grinds my cricketing gears?

Riggins

International Captain
Thirty years ago when pitches were ****, footwork was actually really important. On the roads that are produced now, not so much.
Thirty years ago when you could guarantee not being given LBW by getting a big stride in.

Debris

International 12th Man
Thirty years ago when you could guarantee not being given LBW by getting a big stride in.
That as well but footwork only really becomes important when there is a lot of deviation from a straight line. You can still see the importance of it when facing spinners. You can rely on a good eye and timing, though, if the ball isn't deviating.

wellAlbidarned

International Coach
That as well but footwork only really becomes important when there is a lot of deviation from a straight line. You can still see the importance of it when facing spinners. You can rely on a good eye and timing, though, if the ball isn't deviating.
Footwork is only overrated facing pace. It's definitely still very important again spin.

Riggins

International Captain
When they show replays from like a thousand different camera angles, and it means you can't see **** all. It annoys the absolute **** out of me.

I thought it must be a channel 9 **** show thing but they are doing it in the world cup too. Everyone go and get ****ed.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Associates. Go home bleed blue and me don't want you here. This is cricket, where the big boys play

bagapath

International Captain
Harsha ****ing Bhogle!!!!

You mother****er!!!

Wipe that ugly smile off your face. And stop pretending like you played International cricket with akram and shastri.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

You mother****er!!!

Wipe that ugly smile off your face. And stop pretending like you played International cricket with akram and shastri.
Not saying too much but he;s a better commentator than both. Well, Shastri definitely.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket

You mother****er!!!

He has become very annoying. Always tries to make a quick joke about a player.

Usually a segment with Bhogle features some thing like this:

Akram: Irfan bowled really well
Bhogle: Oh, you wish you could bowl at this speed, still couldn't you?
Akram: Haha, the body can't stay young always.

He does this with every player. I remember Dravid was making a serious point once, and he started saying that Dravid always goes so deep into every point. You are supposed to give insights, and Dravid was doing his job, Bhogle..

Chubb

International Regular
Jarrod Kimber is a good writer. A nice guy. But he only has one style. And every time I read his pieces I think: "ease up on the short stuff, Jarrod". His keyboard taps. Eyes stare. Millions read. But Jarrod carries on the same way. Don't think he'll ever change. Don't think he wants to. A good writer. But never stretched. Do something different. Just my opinion. Don't like it. Never have. Works sometimes. Other times not. Repetitive.

He is the Monty Panesar of cricket writers. Does the same thing every time.

Last edited:

Chubb

International Regular
Kimber's videos always great fun tho.
Oh yeah I think Jarrod's pretty cool and he seems like a nice guy who loves cricket. I just find his writing style grinding because he never seems to do anything different. Don't begrudge him his success at all.

It sort of became a parody of itself with his piece on Rahane.

Last edited:

WalkingWicket

State 12th Man
I actually really like Jarrod, he's probably my favourite cricket writer. I don't know what it is, but it's so readable and entertaining. I have both(?) of his books, about the 2009 & 2011 Ashes series, and they're great.

I think he's only got two...