• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India and England in Australia ODI Tri-Series 2015

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Thoughts on Cummins these past 2 games? He has been decent but really doesn't have the 'omg star' factor to me.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Not such an easy a task arguing for Gilchrist over Dhoni as the all-time ODI XI keeper as it was 5 years ago. Dhoni's record is absolutely insane.

harsh.ag

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
I find myself enjoying Dhoni's batting here now that he is no more India's test captain. Go you legend! Starc has been really good today. Wonderful line and length.

Btw, those medieval chicks were awesome. Giving the Durban lassies a run for their money.

harsh.ag

Not such an easy a task arguing for Gilchrist over Dhoni as the all-time ODI XI keeper as it was 5 years ago. Dhoni's record is absolutely insane.
Always have both in the side. Common sense really :sleep:

Last edited:

Johnners

Dhoni would be so **** at french cricket.

The Dhoni-scoop would be popping up catches like there's no tomorrow.

Zinzan

Always have both in the side. Common sense really :p
I wouldn't. Dhoni would get the nod over Gilchrist as keeper in my all-time side now & there's been enough better straight-out ODI batsmen than Gilchrist to keep him out.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Choose them both.

Edit: Just saw your post. Nah Gilly's ODI World Cup finals makes me want him in a do or die match vs. Aliens.

viriya

International Captain
I wouldn't. Dhoni would get the nod over Gilchrist as keeper in my all-time side now & there's been enough better straight-out ODI batsmen than Gilchrist to keep him out.
Pick two from Sachin, Amla, Jayasuriya, Gilly, Sehwag, Mark Waugh, Gayle, Anwar and Hayden I'd say..

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
If India makes 275 or so Australia would be favourites. If India crosses 300, India would be favourites..

harsh.ag

You are probably right. Hayden, Greenidge, Waugh can be a better bet.

Bleed_Blue

School Boy/Girl Captain
India have a great platform here, Rohit is such a talent and proving he can open for us in these conditions, Australia are behind the 8 ball here unless they can prize a wicket quickly.

Spikey

Reminder that for the World Cup, Australia are, imo, basically built to play most of their games without Doherty in there. So Over Rate Hell here we come! (and the alternative is Xavier Doherty Hell)

Last edited:

Zinzan

You are probably right. Hayden, Greenidge, Waugh can be a better bet.

Choose them both.

Edit: Just saw your post. Nah Gilly's ODI World Cup finals makes me want him in a do or die match vs. Aliens.
Not for me. I'm more inclined to judge their entire careers, hence why my greatest WC side is quite different to my all-time one. WC stats represent such a small sample set, even if it is the ultimate prize.

While Gilchrist may make my top 10 ODI straight batsmen ever (and I'd need to contemplate that), he certainty isn't near my top 5. Off the top of my head, Richards, Tendulkar, Dhoni, Kohli & AB were all better ODI bats, saying nothing of the likes of the likes of Amla, Hussey.

Last edited: