• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India and England in Australia ODI Tri-Series 2015

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Think we should just have Lara and Sachin opening for the World ODI and have Dhoni as the keeper/finisher with Bevan backing him up at 6..

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I also always thought Gilchrist could afford to bat a in slightest more relaxed manner than most as a function of being part of the best side in the world for pretty much his entire career.
Nah, his job was basically to go out there and smash it from the get go. You could argue he was afforded the "luxury" of doing that because of Australia's batting strength, but explosive openers are really rare and valuable. I'd always pair one prolific opener like Tendulkar, or Amla with a guy who could demolish the opposition like Gilchrist or Jayasuriya. It's the ideal opening combination in ODIs.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Was about to say that now is about the time Dhoni starts going mental and turns 280-300 into 320-330. Handy wicket that.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Rohit and Raina don't fill me with confidence. Raina particularly I would rather not have in the team. I am okay with Rohit I guess as you can have one average technically equipped player in an ODI team if he gives you runs. This is Australian conditions in a world cup v the best bowlings of teams, not their B or C teams like we usually see in ODI s. So batting technique would be tested. So for Raina I am pretty much sure I want him out of the XI.

OverratedSanity

Dhoni never really got going.. feel like a big ground like MCG doesn't suit his style.
This is pretty much how his ODi innings begin. He was just getting ready to explde. It looks slow because he got out, but it wasn't any different to how he usually plays.

TheJediBrah

A little part of me always feels that India deserve every bad decision they get, that would have been overturned had they accepted DRS

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Not for me. I'm more inclined to judge their entire careers, hence why my greatest WC side is quite different to my all-time one. WC stats represent such a small sample set, even if it is the ultimate prize.

While Gilchrist may make my top 10 ODI straight batsmen ever (and I'd need to contemplate that), he certainty isn't near my top 5. Off the top of my head, Richards, Tendulkar, Dhoni, Kohli & AB were all better ODI bats, saying nothing of the likes of the likes of Amla, Hussey.
Ponting tbh

viriya

International Captain
Rohit and Raina don't fill me with confidence. Raina particularly I would rather not have in the team. I am okay with Rohit I guess as you can have one average technically equipped player in and ODI team if he gives you runs. This is Australian conditions in a world cup v the best bowlings of teams, not their B or C teams like we usually see in ODI s. So batting technique would be tested. So for Raina I am pretty much sure I want him out of the XI.
There's no way you can drop Raina from ODIs.. who exactly would replace him? He just made 50+ here.

Zinzan

Just an aside, have India allowed DRS to be used in the world-cup, with the one review per innings?