• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in Australia 2014-5

the big bambino

International Captain
Is it the Aussie selectors way to rotate their players without having to use the word "rotation" and instead they just state Player X has hammy trouble?
I don't think I'm being cynical but yes I agree. I don't think they have dropped the policy but honestly believe it's the best way to manage this crop of talented but injury prone bowlers. They got into so much trouble by being upfront they now use the slightest medical excuse to implement what is effectively rotation and I can't say I disagree with them

Riggins

International Captain
Is it the Aussie selectors way to rotate their players without having to use the word "rotation" and instead they just state Player X has hammy trouble?
They don't have a choice based on how the idiot public reacted to the whole rotation system. Not always a hamstring though, e.g. Mitch's 'rib injury' prior to the Pakistan series.

EDIT: Yeah this -
I don't think I'm being cynical but yes I agree. I don't think they have dropped the policy but honestly believe it's the best way to manage this crop of talented but injury prone bowlers. They got into so much trouble by being upfront they now use the slightest medical excuse to implement what is effectively rotation and I can't say I disagree with them

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!

Don't think it is wrong to rotate players (Esp fast bowlers) as long as it makes a bit of sense.. There was a time when Aussie selectors (And some others around the world) were doing it for the sake of doing it, between series, while the series was alive etc. That was when it got out of hand. As an overall policy, it has always made sense..

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
Very interesting.. If both teams decide to get funky for this dead rubber, we might have...

Warner
Rogers
Watson
Smith
S Marsh
Haddin (wk)
Agar
Starc
Siddle
Lyon
Hazelwood

playing against...

Vijay
Rahul
Kohli
Raina
Rahane
Saha (wk)
Ashwin
Patel
Bhuvi
Umesh
Ishant

Man... that would have been so so improbable even at the start of this series...

Swingpanzee

International Regular
If Mitch isn't playing then there's no way Harris is getting rested unless he's seriously injured. I reckon a pace attack of Harris, Haze and Siddle will be nice - yeah Siddle looks fairly innocuous but Starc gives too many freebies and we need a workhorse type bowler who will let Ryno and Josh operate in short spells. IMO Starc is an awesome white-ball bowler, not so much with the red leather - gives too many freebies and needs to play more first-class cricket. One benefit of having Starc, though, is that the batting line up will be further strengthened.

I'm hoping the Agar call-up was just to **** with India. Unless Lyon is getting dropped (which won't be too much of surprise tbh), it'd be useless to go to Sydney with 2 spinners. I reckon the following line up would be good:

Warner
Rogers
Watson
Smith
Smarsh
Burns
Hadds
Harris
Lyon
Siddle
Hazlewood

Also thoughts on Akshar Patel? Haven't watched him play apart from the ODI series with the minnows :ph34r: and seemed ordinary. Does he have a good record in Ranji? If anything he seems like a Jadeja type spinner.

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Imagine Lyon getting dropped one match after taking a match winning 12 fer. Would be the absolute pits. Worst decision ever.

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
From the interviews Rhino has given it looks certain he Will play.

I like to think that this Agar thing is a wind up.

Id bring siddle Back instead of Starc. I really dont rate Starc at all With the red.

Pratters

Cricket, Lovely Cricket
Starc is far too inconsistent with his lines right from the beginning of his career in tests. He has a bit of pace, so maybe he can develop in time, but right now he is not up there.

OverratedSanity

Request Your Custom Title Now!

honestbharani

Whatever it takes!!!
yeah.... good to see that they are having a good whinge too... So it was not just us about the practice wickets up in Brisbane..

Spark

Global Moderator
It's a very different thing to complain about something when you've won. And I haven't heard the team complaining about the nets at all...?

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Will it be India's best chance if Australia play Siddle, Hazelwood and Starc along with Watson, Agar and Lyon?
If that's the team they play then I'd be pissed as hell if I had tickets and want a refund. Maybe they will just play all the bowlers/all rounders and have Haddin at 5 like NSW would. When in Rome.

Warner
Rogers
Watson
Smith
Haddin
Mmarsh
Agar
MJ
Harris
Lyon
Hazelwood