• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Trading Game Version 2

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
Original team

1) Braithwaite
2) Gayle
3) D Bravo
4) Samuels
5) Chanderpaul
6) Blackwood
7) Ramdin
8) Taylor
9) Benn
10)Holder
11) Roach

12) Edwards
13) Bishoo
14) Gabriel
15) Walton

Final team
1 mukund
2 Braithwaite
3 bravo
4 tiwary
5 chanderpaul
6 Samuels
7 ramdin
8 holder
9 benn
10 Taylor
11 Ishant

Naman ojha
Blackwood
Rahul
Gabriel

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Australia
Before[HR][/HR]After[HR][/HR]

1. David Warner
  2. Chris Rogers
  3. Joe Burns
  4. Steve Smith* (6)
  5. Shaun Marsh
  6. Mitch Marsh (5)
  7. Brad Haddin +
  8. Mitchell Johnson (1)
  9. Ryan Harris (2)
  10. Nathan Lyon (4)
  11. Josh Hazlewood (3)
    ---
  12. Shane Watson
  13. Peter Nevill
  14. Steve O'Keefe
  15. James Pattinson

1. Chris Rogers
  2. Brendan McCullum*
  3. Jonathan Trott (6)
  4. Gary Ballance
  5. Steve Smith (7)
  6. Jesse Ryder (5)
  7. Brad Haddin +
  8. Mitchell Johnson (1)
  9. James Pattinson (3)
  10. Ryan Harris (2)
  11. Nathan Lyon (4)
    ---
  12. Mitchell Marsh
  13. Niroshan Dickwella
  14. Raza Hasan
  15. Peter Siddle

The obvious improvements are in the middle order. Ballance has had a ripping start to his Test career and has an immense FC record, and Trott and Ryder while having their problems also are better bats than anyone in my original middle order not named Steven Smith. Meanwhile it's only cost me Watson and Warner, and while Warner is a loss McCullum is as good of a replacement for him as one can find. Watson is replaceable - Marsh is a better, younger model whereas Ryder averaged under 20 with the ball at county level this year so should be a good option in the right conditions. Dickwella and Hasan also help out with my depth, giving much needed experience to two potential problem areas for Australia.

Hurricane

Hall of Fame Member
The Windies team got worse.
Bowling got worse, But batting is slightly better.
Gayle was no loss to me. He really seems to have lost his mojo around swing bowling. I remember when he toured here in approx 2009. He scored a very very good 200 against us. He simply isn't the same player now. Whatever Indian FC player I threw in there instead to open the batting should travel better than him. And Samuels was in the original line up at number 4 - hopefully if CW reputations are true I have a better number 4 now with Tiwary. He has good FC stats anyway and Samuels is going through a lean patch.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Final

1 Sikandar Raza
2 Gautam Gambhir
3 Rilee Rossouw
4 Ravi Bopara
5 Ryan ten Doeschate
6 James Franklin
7 Johan Botha
8 James Foster (+)
9 Hardus Viljoen
10 Shingi Masakadza
11 Marchant de Lange

11 Colin Munro
12 Regis Chakabva (+)
13 Tendai Chatara/
14 Simon Harmer

Trade 1: OUT: Jarvis, Sibanda IN: Ojha, Franklin, Munro
Trade 2: OUT: Ojha IN: Rossouw, de Lange, Harmer, Viljoen
Trade 3: OUT: Taylor, Sean Ervine IN: Ravi Bopara, Ryan ten Doeschate, James Foster

Starting

1 Sikandar Raza
2 Gautam Gambhir
3 Hamilton Masakadza
4 Brendan Taylor
5 Greg Lamb
6 Craig Ervine
7 Johan Botha
8 Malcolm Waller
9 Elton Chigumbura
10 Tendai Chatara
11 Shingi Masakadza

12 Regis Chakabva
13 Sean Williams
14 Brian Vitori
15 Tawanda Mupariwa

Pretty tempting to open with Ravi Bopara or Rilee Rossouw instead of Raza and then stick Munro into a congested all-rounder bitz and pieces spuddy middle order. Still, it has to be better than the original Zimbabwean middle order who offer more spuddishness than a whole team full of Hamish Rutherford. On the bowling side, in addition to the bitz, there's a handy surfeit of regional standard South Africans on offer. Both Chatara and Shingi Masakadza are capable bowlers to leave in the mix, but Shingi gets the spot in the XI due to being a better #10 batsman on a pretty similar bowling record. The bench strength is definitely improved with Harmer and Munro, but Regis Chakabva is a handy backetkeeper and Chatara is definitely a handy seaming backup. Sean Williams to feel a bit hard done by that he hasn't made the XV or been traded out. Handy middle-order batting all-rounder couldn't find a home elsewhere, more's the pity. Biggest surprise of the trading period is that the spuddiest spud ever to fail to be planted in the ground, left in a dark place to grow sprouts and become toxic - Vusi Sibanda - was picked up in a trade. This world never ceases to surprise. Perhaps the spud is a lie?

Athlai

Not Terrible
Australia

1. David Warner
  2. Chris Rogers
  3. Joe Burns
  4. Steve Smith* (6)
  5. Shaun Marsh
  6. Mitch Marsh (5)
  7. Brad Haddin +
  8. Mitchell Johnson (1)
  9. Ryan Harris (2)
  10. Nathan Lyon (4)
  11. Josh Hazlewood (3)
    ---
  12. Shane Watson
  13. Peter Nevill
  14. Steve O'Keefe
  15. James Pattinson

1. Chris Rogers
  2. Brendan McCullum*
  3. Jonathan Trott (6)
  4. Gary Ballance
  5. Steve Smith (7)
  6. Jesse Ryder (5)
  7. Brad Haddin +
  8. Mitchell Johnson (1)
  9. James Pattinson (3)
  10. Ryan Harris (2)
  11. Nathan Lyon (4)
    ---
  12. Mitchell Marsh
  13. Niroshan Dickwella
  14. Raza Hasan
  15. Peter Siddle

The obvious improvements are in the middle order. Ballance has had a ripping start to his Test career and has an immense FC record, and Trott and Ryder while having their problems also are better bats than anyone in my original middle order not named Steven Smith. Meanwhile it's only cost me Watson and Warner, and while Warner is a loss McCullum is as good of a replacement for him as one can find. Watson is replaceable - Marsh is a better, younger model whereas Ryder averaged under 20 with the ball at county level this year so should be a good option in the right conditions. Dickwella and Hasan also help out with my depth, giving much needed experience to two potential problem areas for Australia.
Reckon your team is worse tbh.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Final

1 Sikandar Raza
2 Gautam Gambhir
3 Rilee Rossouw
4 Ravi Bopara
5 Ryan ten Doeschate
6 James Franklin
7 Johan Botha
8 James Foster (+)
9 Hardus Viljoen
10 Shingi Masakadza
11 Marchant de Lange

11 Colin Munro
12 Regis Chakabva (+)
13 Tendai Chatara/
14 Simon Harmer

Trade 1: OUT: Jarvis, Sibanda IN: Ojha, Franklin, Munro
Trade 2: OUT: Ojha IN: Rossouw, de Lange, Harmer, Viljoen
Trade 3: OUT: Taylor, Sean Ervine IN: Ravi Bopara, Ryan ten Doeschate, James Foster

Starting

1 Sikandar Raza
2 Gautam Gambhir
3 Hamilton Masakadza
4 Brendan Taylor
5 Greg Lamb
6 Craig Ervine
7 Johan Botha
8 Malcolm Waller
9 Elton Chigumbura
10 Tendai Chatara
11 Shingi Masakadza

12 Regis Chakabva
13 Sean Williams
14 Brian Vitori
15 Tawanda Mupariwa

Pretty tempting to open with Ravi Bopara or Rilee Rossouw instead of Raza and then stick Munro into a congested all-rounder bitz and pieces spuddy middle order. Still, it has to be better than the original Zimbabwean middle order who offer more spuddishness than a whole team full of Hamish Rutherford. On the bowling side, in addition to the bitz, there's a handy surfeit of regional standard South Africans on offer. Both Chatara and Shingi Masakadza are capable bowlers to leave in the mix, but Shingi gets the spot in the XI due to being a better #10 batsman on a pretty similar bowling record. The bench strength is definitely improved with Harmer and Munro, but Regis Chakabva is a handy backetkeeper and Chatara is definitely a handy seaming backup. Sean Williams to feel a bit hard done by that he hasn't made the XV or been traded out. Handy middle-order batting all-rounder couldn't find a home elsewhere, more's the pity. Biggest surprise of the trading period is that the spuddiest spud ever to fail to be planted in the ground, left in a dark place to grow sprouts and become toxic - Vusi Sibanda - was picked up in a trade. This world never ceases to surprise. Perhaps the spud is a lie?
Fairly large improvement here.
3/4/5/6 are all large step ups and Foster is hardly going to disgrace Zimbabwe. The attack is pretty ****, but it's better than the one Zimbabwe have contrived to give themselves.

cnerd123

likes this

1. Tamim Iqbal
  2. Nick Compton
  3. Mominul Haque (8)
  4. Mahmudullah (7)
  5. Shakib Al Hasan (4)
  6. Mushfiqur Rahim (+)(*)
  7. Nasir Hossain (6)
  8. Taijul Islam (5)
  9. Jackson Bird (1)
  10. Shaiful Islam (2)
  11. Rubel Hossain (3)
    ---
  12. Jubair Hossain
  13. Abdur Razzak
  14. Anamul Haque (+)
  15. Shuvagata Hom

1. Tamim Iqbal
  2. Dean Elgar (9)
  3. Mominul Haque (8)
  4. Mahmudullah (7)
  5. Shakib Al Hasan (4)
  6. Mushfiqur Rahim (*)(+)
  7. Nasir Hossain (6)
  8. Ryan McLaren (3)
  9. Wayne Parnell (2)
  10. Doug Bracewell (1)
  11. Taijul Islam (5)
    ---
  12. Anamul Haque (+)
  13. Dane Piedt
  14. Scott Kuggelejin
  15. Ben Wheeler

Trade 1 = Compton + Jubair Hossain for Doug Bracewell, Ben Wheeler and Scott Kuggeleijn
Trade 2 = Jackson Bird for Dean Elgar, Wayne Parnell, Ryan McLaren and Dane Piedt

Picked up Compton and Jackson bird in the draft, and together they made the starting XI much better already. Fixed the problem of finding an opener for Tamim, and added in a good fast bowler to accompany Shakib.

Ended up trading them both out as my only trades. In return, I have Dean Elgar - a solid opener fresh off a Test ton - and a much improved pace attack. Shakib and Taijul still lead the spin bowling duties, but now have a decent pace attack to support them. A big step up from Shaiful/Rubel/Al Amin. These five frontline bowlers are supported by the part time spin of Nasir, Mahmudullah and Mominul, with some Elgar pies for variety. The side bats very deep too, Taijul batted at 8 in the last test against the Zimbos, and has now been relegated to 11. So overall lots of variety and depth in the starting XI.

The bench strength has also gotten a big boost. Dane Piedt is now in the wings to give Taijul some competition, and can come in if we need 3 spinners or require an offspinner instead of a left arm spinner. To be fair Dane's probably a better bowler than Taijul anyways, but give both have played little Test cricket and that this is the Bangladesh side, I figure it fair to let Taijul retain his spot in the XI.
If we play in conditions that require only one spinner, we have the option of leaving out Taijul for Ben Wheeler. Or if we need some more batting depth, we can bring in Scott Kugglejuggle. Anamul Haque is both the backup keeper and backup opener, while Nasir will likely be sent up the order should one of the middle order pull up injured. Scott (NZ FC batting average this season: 33) is a useful replacement for the number 7 slot. With the depth we have, we can play anything from 3 spinners 3 quicks to 1 spinner 5 quicks without really sacrificing much in batting depth.

All in all, the side has much better squad depth and a much better bowling attack. Tamim, Mominum, Shakib and Rahim are all fairly good batsmen at Test level as it is, leaving Mahmudullah at 4 as the only real weak link left in the starting XI. And even he averages 30 in Tests so isn't too horrible. Anamul Haque as reserve opener is a bit shaky too, although he is very talented.

I think the BD side is better, and should be a lot more competitive.

cnerd123

likes this
Trott and Ryder could be major liabilities if they both are in the right state of mind to be playing International cricket.

Still probably better than SMarsh and Twatto tho.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Trott and Ryder could be major liabilities if they both are in the right state of mind to be playing International cricket.

Still probably better than SMarsh and Twatto tho.
Shouldn't that say "aren't in the right state of mind"? :p

Yeah they're punts. But they're ones that could come off, whereas our current bats are mediocre.

Jarquis

I brought in Chadd Sayers and Luke Ronchi for two out of squad players so upgrades for sure.

Flem274*

123/5

1. Dimuth Karunaratne
  2. Kaushal Silva
  3. Kumar Sangakkara
  4. Angelo Mathews (c) (5)
  5. Lahiru Thirimanne
  6. Dinesh Chandimal
  7. Prasaana Jayawardene (wk)
  8. Dilruwan Perera (4)
  9. Rangana Herath (3)
  10. Dhammika Prasad (2)
  11. Shaminda Eranga (1)
    ---
  12. Niroshan Dickwella
  13. Tharindu Kaushal
  14. Jeevan Mendis
  15. Nuwan Kulasekara

1. Dimuth Karunaratne
  2. Kaushal Silva
  3. Kumar Sangakkara
  4. Angelo Mathews (c) (5)
  5. Dinesh Chandimal
  6. James Neesham (6)
  7. Prasaana Jayawardene (wk)
  8. Diruwan Perera (4)
  9. Rangana Herath (3)
  10. Ben Hilfenhaus (1)
  11. Shaminda Eranga (2)
    ---
  12. Jeevan Mendis
  13. Tharindu Kaushal
  14. Lahiru Thirimanne
  15. Mark Gillespie

Traded Out

1. Seekkuge Prasaana - Kithuruwan Vithanage to Dan
2. Niroshan Dickwella to Morgie

Traded In

1. James Neesham - Graeme Aldridge - Mark Gillespie from Dan
2. Ben Hilfenhaus from Morgie

I'm happy with this side. If I signed for the game at the start I might have been able to wrangle a world class fast bowler using my Sangakkara/Mathews/Herath cards but I was late to the party. As it stands I've improved the fast bowling by bringing in Hilfenhaus and Gillespie in place of the Sri Lankan spuds. Eranga is a decent bowler so he gets to remain. Neesham provides more bowling cover and is better/more useful than a few Sri Lankan batsmen around the squad like Dickwella and Thirimanne. The rest of the side is good.

Last edited:

Pothas

Before

Adam Lyth
Alastair Cook
Gary Ballance
Ian Bell
Joe Root
Moeen Ali
Jos Buttler
Chris Woakes
Chris Jordan
Stuart Broad
James Anderson

Kevin Pietersen
James Foster
Ben Stokes
Steven Finn

After

Adam Lyth
David Warner
Ian Bell
Kevin Pietersen
Joe Root
Moeen Ali
Jos Buttler
Stuart Broad
Kyle Abbott
Morne Morkel
James Anderson

Chris Jordan
Brendan Taylor
Ben Stokes
Adam Riley

Fairly happy. Improved England where they need it most which is 3rd and 4th bowlers, plus bringing in Warner makes a huge difference. Would have liked to have got myself another spinner but Riley is a decent enough prospect so he comes into the final squad. The pace bowling looks bloody good now, the batting decent enough.