• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Phillip Hughes CW support banner at Melbourne and Sydney Test match

Where should the left over money be donated?

• Other (Please List)

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

James

Cricket Web Owner
As for a schedule of those attending on what days, so far we've only really got Max who has said he's going, I've just sent him a message to see if that is confirmed before we lock him into it. I'm really keen to go to day 3 of Melbourne but can't commit just yet.....hopefully will be in a position to do so next week. Other than that Dan did mention that he maybe be able to help in Sydney.......we'll see if that is still on when he is next online.

Once we get some more takers we can definitely get this worked out more formally.

JONO!!!! - Surely you're going to the Melbourne test? Or has the BCCI paid you a truck load of money not to attend? If you are, are you willing to help us out?
Just echoing Adders comment here that we really need more of a commitment from people that plan on going to the Tests.

If you're willing to help out with displaying the banner, please post :)

wiff

First Class Debutant
I have attached the final artwork. Please check for anything! It can be sent tomorrow (Monday) to the printers

SAfinal.jpg

PHfinal.jpg

cnerd123

likes this
And the 'forever in our hearts' - shouldn't it be 'Forever in our hearts' ?

Awesome work anyways, thank you so much wiff!

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Will people viewing the banner care about 'correct' grammar, or will they be far more focussed on the actual message we're putting across with the flag?

The lack of capitals is a trend coming out of minimalism that's becoming increasingly influential in design, from what I can tell (see: the guardian website, information gained from looking at a variety of Ms. Dan's uni assignments). In some cases, it looks far cleaner and less intrusive than 'correct' capitalisation. In others, it can look utterly terrible. wiff's design undoubtedly falls into the former category IMO.

wiff

First Class Debutant
Will people viewing the banner care about 'correct' grammar, or will they be far more focussed on the actual message we're putting across with the flag?

The lack of capitals is a trend coming out of minimalism that's becoming increasingly influential in design, from what I can tell (see: the guardian website, information gained from looking at a variety of Ms. Dan's uni assignments). In some cases, it looks far cleaner and less intrusive than 'correct' capitalisation. In others, it can look utterly terrible. wiff's design undoubtedly falls into the former category IMO.
Yeah what he said :)

I just finished reading the "the narrow road to the deep north " and I was shocked, yes shocked as a book designer by the absence of speech marks throughout the whole book. Then I thought bloody brilliant

James

Cricket Web Owner
We're looking to finalise this within the next 24-48 hours.

Those of you that are willing to display the flag, can you please provide confirmation by responding to this thread? Cheers :)

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Yeah, it's tough to know what to do with them.......their local clubs sounds like it might be an idea. I guess we've got a little time to think about it and chuck around some ideas.

As for a schedule of those attending on what days, so far we've only really got Max who has said he's going, I've just sent him a message to see if that is confirmed before we lock him into it. I'm really keen to go to day 3 of Melbourne but can't commit just yet.....hopefully will be in a position to do so next week. Other than that Dan did mention that he maybe be able to help in Sydney.......we'll see if that is still on when he is next online.

Once we get some more takers we can definitely get this worked out more formally.

JONO!!!! - Surely you're going to the Melbourne test? Or has the BCCI paid you a truck load of money not to attend? If you are, are you willing to help us out?
Sorry Adders because I am not going to the Adelaide test I wasn't checking this thread so completely missed this, but GIMH gave me a heads-up.

I haven't followed too closely, what do you need from me? Hold up the banner? I would love to help out but I am likely sitting in MCC during the Melbourne test (not confirmed yet). Will it be something I am permitted to hold up there? Though I guess I can't imagine MCC getting me to take down this banner? Dunno.

I am not sitting MCC on day 4, just general admission. Perhaps I can help then? This of course assumes India last til day 4 :ph34r:

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Thanks Jono.

For the MCG we have Max on day 2 and I'm almost certainly going for day 3 (and will confirm this asap). The flags are 6' x 4' so you wont be holding them up, what we need is someone that will find a suitable place to hang them up in the morning, leave them on display for the day then go and collect them at stumps.

I doubt you'd be able to hang it anywhere in the members (I dunno) but if you are going on day 1 and don'd mind finding another area of the ground to put it up that would be terrific (I assume with a members ticket you can walk in and out as you please?). Are you going to all days? If you can do day 1 we'll get the flag posted to you, if you can't we'll get it sent to Max and have to skip the first day.

Ideally if you could do day 1, meet up with Max on the morning of day 2 and pass them on, Max has very kindly agreed to stay on in Melbourne the night so he can meet me on the morning of day 3............then if there is looking like play on day 4, I could meet you at stumps day 3 and pass them back to you. Only thing is, if you're left holding the flag in Melbourne we'll have to get you to then post it to someone in Sydney.

****ing hell is this getting complicated or what!!!

And that's just Melbourne.............still got Sydney to do and we desperately need volunteers for that.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Can we sort payment soon?
Hoping too real soon hendrix..........but we need to get volunteers sorted for flag duty first.

I know big flags at the cricket is more an English thing than an Aussie, but this is how the pros do it..........

eng1.jpg

eng2.jpg

Hopefully that will explain more what we are trying to do here :)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Well my bit of smelly bait there hasn't hooked any fish yet......

Was just thinking, as time is now of the essence and it looks like we are struggling to get volunteers...........I guess it doesn't necessarily have to be a CW member that does this. If anyone knows someone trusted that is going to the Sydney test that would be up for hanging the flags that might work.