• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** Pakistan v New Zealand in the UAE 2014

Blocky

Banned
The other thing to note about Williamson was how early on he became a leader within his respective groups - he was definitely part of the ND leadership group from almost his very beginning in the side, he was given the Glouctershire captaincy on the basis of his leadership skills so there is a maturity about him that you don't see in other players with his talent.

The real question for him will be whether he can get past his tendency to throw away scores in the seventies and can he start to go on and create some big daddy centuries... I also still say he's vulnerable due to an inside out batting technique, he doesn't come straight at the ball, he comes from inside the line towards the ball - makes him very susceptible to the edge.

Blocky

Banned
[facepalm.com]
Reported.com

I have no problem with banter when people give as good as they get, but considering he's one of the chronic antagonists until you insult him and then he reports you, good luck to him and good luck around resolving his jealousy issues too.

Flem274*

123/5
you should check your posting history blocky. i can't claim credit for the discovery unfortunately but the truth is out there.

Teja.

Global Moderator
you should check your posting history blocky. i can't claim credit for the discovery unfortunately but the truth is out there.
Christ man, didn't like three mods warn people from discussing specific posters and talk about the cricket in the last two pages?

Cut it out.

Teja.

Global Moderator
aand now,

1. Don't discuss the merits/demerits of posters.

2. If you don't like someone's opinion, tell them why it's ridiculous, don't attack the person personally.

3. Don't bring your preexisting grudges into the thread and use it as a license to patronize/chide posters just because they've insulted you previously.

4. If you see someone trolling/being a dickhead, report the post and we'll consider it ASAP. For the love of god, don't derail the thread.

13/11/2014. Never again.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
I used to love reading and even contributing to New Zealand threads. Now I feel they should be titled "Sri Lanka in New Zealand a.k.a. Argue with Blocky and WW.

Jesus, no one can post a comment anymore on an aspect of the cricket without getting into a 3 page argument or getting pissed off at the little troll who we all know is seeking some glee after his side got dicked home and away.

You'll lose a lot of good posters if this is allowed to continue.
And another one reported!!...

Let me make something clear..you can call Blocky whatever you like, it's up to him to respond how he sees fit. But people need to stop lumping my name in with others and bringing forth this tedious "troll" line which simply has no substance at all 8-) . This "bullying" mentality really needs to cease...it's like anyone who has a differing opinion to others is called that silly name and quite frankly it's boring...

Before i would have lashed out heavily at posters like this and got banned...but thankfully i GREW UP...it's a shame that other posters still have much to learn in that respect.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
Teja. :wub:

FTR I'm getting to Spark levels of exasperation, and I'm not nearly as good as Spark is at not turning that into heavy-handed banning. As an NZ supporter, I'm in this thread a lot. Join the dots.

WindieWeathers

International Regular
aand now,

1. Don't discuss the merits/demerits of posters.

2. If you don't like someone's opinion, tell them why it's ridiculous, don't attack the person personally.

3. Don't bring your preexisting grudges into the thread and use it as a license to patronize/chide posters just because they've insulted you previously.

4. If you see someone trolling/being a dickhead, report the post and we'll consider it ASAP. For the love of god, don't derail the thread.

13/11/2014. Never again.
BRILLIANT Teja!!..never saw this before my last post...it really is getting crazy how abusive some people are getting just because someone has a different opinion.

Anyone can look back on my posts and you will never see me get personal..i'm too mature for that sillyness now.

It's almost like just because i'm a WI fan i'm not allowed to comment about this series!!!.. it's ridiculous.

HeathDavisSpeed

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
If people continue posting after you've told them to quit, why don't you provide some censure to show them the error of their ways ffs? It's like your warnings have no weight at the moment as you aren't prepared to follow through after a warning.

Spark

Global Moderator
BRILLIANT Teja!!..never saw this before my last post...it really is getting crazy how abusive some people are getting just because someone has a different opinion.

Anyone can look back on my posts and you will never see me get personal..i'm too mature for that sillyness now.

It's almost like just because i'm a WI fan i'm not allowed to comment about this series!!!.. it's ridiculous.
You're allowed to comment. What you're not allowed to do is to use events in this series as an opportunity to big up WI players or continually point out how much better a certain WI player would be or constantly turn the discussion into a WI discussion in general.

But you already know this, I hope.

Spark

Global Moderator
Also, yeah. Don't gloat. It was ****ty in the Aus tour thread and it's ****ty when people do it here too.

That's not really something we can infract, granted, but "ignoring mod instructions" is still a thing, so.

Blocky

Banned
If people continue posting after you've told them to quit, why don't you provide some censure to show them the error of their ways ffs? It's like your warnings have no weight at the moment as you aren't prepared to follow through after a warning.
They just did though, a poster who perpetuated it was removed, that poster was also highly well known and an ex moderator, I'd consider that a pretty firm warning shot if the type of **** that's been going on continues.