• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group A: Brazil, Croatia, Mexico, Cameroon

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
2-0 Mexico. That's just about that, you'd think.

Disappointing from Croatia - a lot of quality in the squad, would have expected better.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Rakitic been wasted, played far too deep.

Mexico been good though, really impressive considering how awful they were supposed to have been in qualification.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
Goal difference really tasty now.

And as I say that, Brazil score again.

Last edited:

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Bad news, Brazil are now going to be forced to pick Fernandinho (presumably) which means they're going to become a much better side all of a sudden.

The Sean

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm on a blinding roll of utterly redundant posts by being 30 seconds slower than everyone else.

I blame alcohol.

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Desperate for Chile to boot them out. Can't stand Big Phil.
Got mixed feelings about this.

I want Chile to win for sure but I do think the whole tournament needs the hosts cliche holds true for this one. It has been great to watch and would still be without Brazil but something would be missing without them going into a semi-final with the massive pressure that will be coming their way.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I agree in principle, but there's no denying that on the whole the teams from Africa for the last few tournaments (with the exception of Ghana perhaps) have been really poor. As I said earlier, it's not like they're short on quality or anything, but the teams always seem to be disjointed, striking over pay or some other scandal, or show up at the tournament looking like they don't give a crap. Cameroon last night were a prime example of this, and it was the exact same story with them 4 years ago. Same with Nigeria, they played like dogs against Iran the other night, and they were a non-runner 4 years ago too. Ivory coast look a bit better this time, but they were also garbage 4 years ago.
Yea but would the lesser sides from Europe really result in a better tournament? Maybe they're a little better but you aren't really excluding anyone who is going to win the tourney. All you're doing is denying whole regions a compelling reason to be involved in the sport and getting rid of the global flavor which makes this tournament as good as the Olympics.