• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in New Zealand 2013/14

Flem274*

123/5
So who to open on the tour of WI? Latham presumably will get one of the two spots, but do either of the other two deserve another go? And who would we replace them with if not?
Honestly not fussed. Guppers, Brownlie (yes yes I know), Baz...deck chairs on the titanic. Nothing will change until two blokes show they're test quality.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Nah, Rutherford has huge limitations as a batsman. Can't see him ever making runs when away from a lifeless dungheap at University Oval. Fulton at least is slightly more likely to convert his starts into 50's, but he's in such rotten form I really don't think he'll get another chance.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
So who to open on the tour of WI? Latham presumably will get one of the two spots, but do either of the other two deserve another go? And who would we replace them with if not?
Rightly or wrongly, I can't see them axing both Fulton & Rutherford, I think the latter will be retained. Be stunned if this isn't Fulton's last test though.

Zinzan

Bad luck with the toss or not, 1-1 is a fair representation of the series for mine especially considering NZ were a tad fortunate to win in Auckland in the end.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
Brownlie's form is so rotten, I can't imagine him getting another call up. I think Guptill will come back in.

Flem274*

123/5
you could just as easily say india were fortunate anderson was sawn off in the eden park 1st dig.

nz won fairly, and now india are going to win fairly. mchesson only have themselves to blame because they got the pitch they wanted.

Frost

U19 Debutant
I dont think Rutherfords limitations are as bad as fultons, fulton allways seems to be lacking confidence. Fultons off stump awareness is terrible, frequently playing at balls he shud be leaving.
Wouldn't mind guptill to be given a go, I reckon hes a better player now than the last time he played tests.

Zinzan

you could just as easily say india were fortunate anderson was sawn off in the eden park 1st dig.

nz won fairly, and now india are going to win fairly. mchesson only have themselves to blame because they got the pitch they wanted.
We got a lucky with Dhoni's dismissal (at what was a crucial time of the match), they got lucky with the toss especially here in Wellington, hence why 1-1 feels right to me.

Bahnz

Hall of Fame Member
You don't think there's a chance that Anderson would've scored another 40 or 50 runs if he hadn't been Davised in the the first innings? You don't think India would've skittles for 40 or 50 fewer runs in the first innings if Rahane hadn't survived a plumb lb shout? You don't think NZ might've scored 30 or 40 more runs if Watling hadn't been given out on a no-ball in NZ's second innings?

Immenso

International Vice-Captain
Huh? The Dhoni no-ball dismissal, you donm't think there's a outside chance India would have got the 40-50 runs had he been recalled for that?
Agree with Bahnz,
NZ had huge Andrrson and Baz stand sawn off, India's biggest first innings stand was courtesy of a shocking non LBW. Crucial moments in the match, but they weren't on the last afternoon ......

Mike5181

International Captain
Huh? The Dhoni no-ball dismissal, you don't think there's a outside chance India would have got the 40-50 runs had he been recalled for that?
Anderson's lbw, Watling's no-ball dismissal etc

Both clearly not out, Dhoni's wasn't