• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa 2013/14

Shri

Mr. Glass
What happened to cosgrove? Thought Lehmann would back a fellow fatty? Is he out of form or something in Shield cricket?

Briony

International Debutant
With Marsh dominating and Doolan playing well and clover being spread everywhere, I will leave Australian posters with the thought that maybe it's not always good policy to just read the shield averages and pick off that list.
True, it's who will translate form up at the higher level but in fairness Hughes may have made runs against this dispirited mob too.

Ruckus

International Captain
I like Rogers. But even I'd drop him.
Watson should prob come in for him, but it's kinda tough on Rogers. He's been doing a serviceable enough job and I'd bet my house on at least one of Marsh or Doolan not being up to scratch in the medium-long term...but unfortunately for Rogers if he is dropped it's hard to see him coming back given how close he probably is to being done anyway.

Johnners

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Should've swung for the fences for at least another half hour. Can definitely see Amla/AB making us sweat this one out

TimAngas

State Vice-Captain
Slightly odd passage of play.

Waste a couple of overs for no good reason.
Not really. Would rather have the Saffers come out onto the field then have to go back off rather than have the night or lunch to prepare for a big batting effort. Smith and Peterson probably weren't expecting it either so it's usual quirky captaincy from Clarke.

Clarke taking the memo from Johan Botha by delcaring a massive 481 runs ahead.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
My guess is he saw the state of the pitch and decided another fifty or so wasn't worth the risk of a couple of busted fingers for your chaps.

Far better for Johnson and Rhino to bring the hurt.