• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st ODI at the MCG

hendrix

Hall of Fame Member
Are you Aussies sold on Warner in Test cricket? I just don't rate him myself, I bet he goes back to averaging high 30's in the SA series, sorry to go off topic
One of the best innings I've ever seen was in the Hobart test against NZ on a sticky wicket in a match that lasted 3 days. He scored a brilliant hundred when noone else (including Michael Clarke, Ross Taylor, Mike Hussey etc) could get past 50. It was a good bowling attack too - Bracewell when he wasn't crap, Chris Martin in conditions that suited him to a tee, Tim Southee and Trent Boult. That's a very good attack.

He's quality.

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Are you Aussies sold on Warner in Test cricket? I just don't rate him myself, I bet he goes back to averaging high 30's in the SA series, sorry to go off topic
Has a very compact technique and has matured to the point where he now has a much better idea of how to build a test innings, quality player

91Jmay

International Coach
Has a very compact technique and has matured to the point where he now has a much better idea of how to build a test innings, quality player
As long as he doesn't get to aggressive he will be fine, but when he really got over attacking he played some terrible knocks back end of the Ashes. Thats the worry with him, as well as him being unproven abroad.

Considering we are a bowler light, we needed at least 20 more runs than this. Not the easiest pitch to score on but Aus should have plenty of bats.

91Jmay

International Coach
Normally you'd say we have a good chance, but with this attack you have to add at least 20 to the par. Why didn't Doherty bowl out? At no point did Watson offer great control, and we struggled to get Doherty away.

91Jmay

International Coach
Imagine Adders furious that the low percentage ramp shot had a success rate of 100%, and a strike rate of 300.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
there's like only 3 people in this australian team that I certainly want in our team in the first WC match next year. (Clarke, Watson, Bailey. And even then I want Watson opening as opposed to being at 3)

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Imagine Adders furious that the low percentage ramp shot had a success rate of 100%, and a strike rate of 300.
Yeah cos I'd much rather English bats got out playing them.:unsure:

I actually missed the last few overs......Butler play a couple did he?

Sean Flynn

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
England needed 300 to be in with a shout here. Look at your batting lineup with Warner, Finch, Bailey, Watson to start with. I reckon a 6 wkt win?

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Man, England better score a lot of runs with that bowling attack...
Indeed. The weakest I think I can recall. Bresnan is our banker, which seems rather like installing Slim Amarillo in Threadneedle Street for his financial probity.

We aren't exactly stacked with other bowling options if/when Jordan and Stokes (both of whose career List A ERs are more than Ravi's) get carted. Root obviously bowls his prep-school offies, but none of Cook, Ballance or Morgan turn their arms over except for comedy relief & Bell's mediums haven't seen the light of day since Madonna was actually a virgin.

Wonder what Finn has done to the selectors?

I know they're different formats but given how piss-poor Rankin was in the last test, you'd have thought Finn would be a shoe in here plus it's hard to see how he is going to improve when he never gets picked
There's literally no one in our press talking him up, so all the reports of him bowling like a busted arsehole in the nets seem to at least have some basis in fact.

I'm not sure there's an Australian player I dislike seeing do well more than Clint McKay.
Seems fairly innocuous to me, albeit in a blokeish ockery way.

Buttler's wasted only facing 24 balls, he needs to be in with 10 overs left at least
Yeah, always gets left with the gig of carrying us along to a competitive total. "There you go, Jos. Just thrash us a quick 50 from these five overs and we're halfway competitive."