• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* 1st ODI at the MCG

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Good call captain
Morgan against spin is really good and can easily score at 5+ an over without any issue. The problem I had with this Aussie bowling unit is that it is lacking that killer punch. Ideally Johnson or Patto would have come on straight away to trouble Morgan. Now we are stuck with Faulkner, who while he's a good ODI bowler, he isn't the damaging type to trouble Morgan early on.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Are you Aussies sold on Warner in Test cricket? I just don't rate him myself, I bet he goes back to averaging high 30's in the SA series, sorry to go off topic

TNT

Banned
Are you Aussies sold on Warner in Test cricket? I just don't rate him myself, I bet he goes back to averaging high 30's in the SA series, sorry to go off topic
Why dont you rate him, he has done pretty well.

Stace

First Class Debutant
Why dont you rate him, he has done pretty well.
I think he relies too much on your pace and bounce wickets, in Australia he averages 52 in 30 innings but away from home he averages 25 in 20 innings.

ajdude

International Coach
I think he relies too much on your pace and bounce wickets, in Australia he averages 52 in 30 innings but away from home he averages 25 in 20 innings.
tbf his away series' were v WI where one batsman from either team scored a century over 3 tests, v India where he wasn't amazing but nobody for Australia really was, and v England where he was dreadfully out of form

dermo

International Vice-Captain
tbf his away series' were v WI where one batsman from either team scored a century over 3 tests, v India where he wasn't amazing but nobody for Australia really was, and v England where he was dreadfully out of form
nah definitely a fair criticism of gravey imo, has always struggled on slower wickets