• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** India in South Africa 2013/14

MrPrez

International Debutant
Also, someone please VM me or something when Harmer's going to be on TV. I've still only seen him bowl about ten deliveries in my entire life and I wasn't keeping a close eye. Starting to grate me.
I guess the best bowler to compare him with would be Johan Botha. Not in terms of action, but in terms of bowling style, as such. Offie, gets a bit of turn, quite accurate, fairly offensive but not Murali/Ajmal esque.

Shri

Mr. Glass
Is Tsolikele as good as Prasanna Jayawardene as a keeper? Good enough to get picked just for his keeping ability I mean?

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
This loss really hurts. Very good fight put up by rookie players and won several important moments. But at the end South Africa was far too good and played like the best team in the world should. Congrats to SA.

Jarquis

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Told y'all it was ****ing stupid to say that it was a nailed on draw.

Miss Kallis already, wafg.

CricAddict

Cricketer Of The Year
If BCCI had kept the original schedule, Sachin and Kallis will have retired in the same test. That would have been EPIC.

Dissector

International Debutant
Disappointing in the end with the two morning spells by Steyn proving the difference between the two sides. Obviously lots of positives too. I have a feeling that this series will be remembered in Indian cricket as the start of the next great Indian middle-order with Pujara, Kohli and Rahane who are all 25 and who all averaged around 70. Jadeja's five-for was an unexpected bonus which suggests that his wickets against Australia were perhaps not a fluke. Let's see how it works out but Ashwin and Jadeja have the potential to become quality bowling all-rounders which would make India almost unbeatable at home.

Obviously the medium pacers were disappointing. One would hope that this is the end for Ishant and Zak but I am not holding my breath in this regard. I have a bad feeling that Ishant will play in NZ, bowl the odd good spell which will get him selected to England where he gets smashed.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Went to sleep pretty bummed, but I had a vivid dream that South Africa were 52 all out chasing, I even saw every wicket fall (including a hat trick by Dhoni!!?!!) I had to wake up and re-confirm the score. Damn it.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Two games in a row Duminy has comfortably been South Africa's best spinner. South Africa must replace Kallis with a batsman and Robbie P with Abbott. Must must must. I actually think it'd improve their bowling overall and have the smallest effect on their batting possible with any balance (obviously whoever comes in for Kallis is going to weaken the batting).
Just been going through the thread and too tempted to let this off :D
Robbie P, not half as bad a choice IMO - and that's not just saying it in retrospect.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Just been going through the thread and too tempted to let this off :D
Robbie P, not half as bad a choice IMO - and that's not just saying it in retrospect.
To be fair to myself I was still saying the exact same thing after the match was over. Robbie P must be dropped.

M0rphin3

International Debutant
Congrats to SA BTW - clinical performance. Never thought they'd win this post the first day, I was thinking another draw or even India winning this.
Kallis WAG etc. obviously - not a massive fan - but now that he's gone have a feeling that I'm gonna miss him big time.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Congrats to SA BTW - clinical performance. Never thought they'd win this post the first day, I was thinking another draw or even India winning this.
Kallis WAG etc. obviously - not a massive fan - but now that he's gone have a feeling that I'm gonna miss him big time.
I feel the same, never cared for him but cricket suddenly feels a lot emptier.