• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Fourth Test at the MCG

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Wonder if Clarke is regretting his bowling first decision yet.
I don't think it's had an impact so far really. If they batted first and batted like this then the result would be the same. Although what happens to the wicket from here could make a difference.

Son Of Coco

Context means everything here. As a 48 yo rank amateur he showed ticker to front up. As someone who questioned other people's courage against short fast bowling he didn't back up his words by running to leg.
Yeah, and Lee wasn't the one making comments, Morgan was. The guys's just yet another tool that gets his face all over the airwaves. Good to see him sat on his arse.

Was funny to see how incredibly pissed off he was getting, but trying to restrain himself from saying anything. Now he knows how it feels to be a studio guest on his show.

social

Batting today from both sides was absolutely deplorable

Not much point going into too much analysis other than to say it was just ****

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
You're the one that got personal about an individual's posting. So odd from you.

I just find it weird anyone would ever use the word "bogan" to Lee, who is like the least Bogan Australian player I may have ever seen.
Ed Cowan. But yeah I agree.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Born in Wollongong, probably lives in the Sutherland shrine, sings terrible songs. Pretty bogan-like, tbf

Spark

Global Moderator
tbh Watson and Clarke hardly looked secure at the crease in India or in England recently.I think Clarke's supporters are often blinded by his brilliance when he is on song and are pron to forget those numerous occasions when he got out after getting in
Clarke is probably the most consistent converter in the world when set after Sanga. 10 runs is not getting set. And precisely which India series did you watch?

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
I wonder if Warner+Smith+Bailey are regretting that they played in the Big Bash instead of resting between the Tests.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I wonder if Warner+Smith+Bailey are regretting that they played in the Big Bash instead of resting between the Tests.
Doubt it, it's given them the perfect excuse for having poor games even though it had absolutely nothing to do with it. Genius.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
You never know. For the record, I didn't mind them playing, I thought it added something to the first round of matches.

Yes Bailey didn't bat. But he goes down to Hobart and prepares himself for T20 mode and like he said last year, he struggled with adapting from different formats. Its just one innings, runs could come in the fourth innings from the trio.

Adders

Cricketer Of The Year
Well that was a peasant surprise, shame it all a bit pointless really as series is long gone.
Ashes tests are never pointless flibberty. If England win this one I don't care what the records say I'm calling it 4-3 to England with 1 to play........England have retained the Ashes!!

In all seriousness though, with these back to back series does anyone else think it should have been 1 series over 10 tests?? England really have been stiffed here, our home series was always going to be fairly meaningless once this one was done.