• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at the Adelaide Oval

Ruckus

International Captain
"All four games were tight and could have gone either way. Three-nil probably flatters us a bit if we are being brutally honest. But at the same time we fought out of holes and that is what you need in a series like this one."

That's a contradiction of meaning for me. If you were able to fight out of holes, and that's what took you over the line, then you deserved to win, and the scoreline doesn't flatter you. It would flatter you, however, if you won the games based on dodgy umpire decisions, fortuitous weather, lucky dismissals etc., but they didn't.

wiff

First Class Debutant
But over the last 3 tests in England, Australia performed very well and I'm not sure if you can claim the rain that occurred in the 3rd and 5th tests which wiped out Australia's chances of victory as a big moment England won.
Partially agree with you here. But the fourth test was blown by Australia and showed that they didn't have the mental capacity to win, so I have no problem with result. The 3rd test oz got three early wickets on the last day, but following batsmen could of dug in and got a draw, we will never know. If the English had got a draw like that, we could have been demoralised and lost 4-0. So maybe the rain was good for Australia. Who knows?

SpofforthLohman

U19 12th Man
Hooray Australia, we won and that is what matters, I'll be happy if we draw the next two games, very happy. We need to win the Ashes now because we don't have many who are good playing on English soil and I can't see any way England won't win the Ashes back next time we tour there. So many Aussies have had bad records in England. I just wish we could have bottled Steve Waugh's essence, he is by far the best player in English conditions I have seen Australia produce. Perhaps we should send a few batsmen to play for a county like Waugh did, it made all the difference.

Ausage

Cricketer Of The Year
There's a big difference between "the scoreline flattered England" and "the results flattered England." The former is taking about the balance of play over the series, while the latter is talking about individual matches.

Spark

Global Moderator
Monty Panesar and Jimmy Anderson holding on for a draw anyone?
On a complete road with no assistance for the pacers and a pretty average attack. Old Trafford was an excellent attack on a pitch with turn and bounce for spin and significant variable bounce for the pacers.

You're not surviving that. It simply won't happen, regardless of whatever tenuous comparisons you might want to make.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
I really don't know why you ****s are talking about this FFS. It's an exercise in anally retenetive semantics. Jog on ffs.

Watch the Shield live stream and go sell crazy some place selse. We're all filled up here.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
It's spelt retentive, not retenetive.
Sorry. My secretary, who normally types my posts as I dictate them, is away today at a funeral so I'm having to type them myself.

But if pointing out a typo makes you feel better, by all means do go on. It's better for the forum than arguing over what "the result flattered team X" means.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Sorry. My secretary, who normally types my posts as I dictate them, is away today at a funeral so I'm having to type them myself.

But if pointing out a typo makes you feel better, by all means do go on. It's better for the forum than arguing over what "the result flattered team X" means.
Just visualised this occurring during your rants :laugh:

wiff

First Class Debutant
I really don't know why you ****s are talking about this FFS. It's an exercise in anally retenetive semantics. Jog on ffs.

Watch the Shield live stream and go sell crazy some place selse. We're all filled up here.
Actually, good point, pointless discussion.

Son Of Coco

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hahah Boycott saying "you know what the worst part is, Australia aren't that good a side"

:laugh:
:laugh:

We've been saying that about England for years.

Am glad we got on and knocked them over quickly today. Never envisaged this scoreline after 2 matches in my wildest dreams! Hope it can continue for Perth.