• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* NRL 2013 Season thread

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
Can't see the Cowboys or Warriors losing their last match, can the Titans topple another top 4 team?

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Dragons played really well I thought and Shaun Johnson had his worst game in the last 3 or 4 months. Warriors have such a poor record against the Dragons for some reason. Even though it probably wouldn't matter, I felt a bit sorry for the Titans who were enormous against Melbourne in Melbourne. I think that the Sezer no try was fairly unlucky, I don't think the defender was playing at the ball.

James

Cricket Web Owner
The Dragons played well yes, but the Warriors gave it to them really I thought. Dropped ball, no commitment and desire to win. You wouldn't have thought their season was on the line watching that match would you.

I'm picking a Manly/Roosters final.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Yeah I do agree with you, The Warriors were really flat and played the whole game as if all they had to do was turn up. Easily the most frustrating team in the comp this year as on their good days they are up there with the top 4 teams. There bad days they are like the weak bottom 3 teams.

Manly vs Roosters is a distinct possibility - with the Broncos out, I guess I'm on the Cowboys bandwagon although winning from 7th or 8th is a massive ask.

James

Cricket Web Owner
Yeah I do agree with you, The Warriors were really flat and played the whole game as if all they had to do was turn up. Easily the most frustrating team in the comp this year as on their good days they are up there with the top 4 teams. There bad days they are like the weak bottom 3 teams.
Yeah totally. Hard to find another sporting team that is just so in-consistent. Especially after what they did to the Raiders the previous week.

Manly vs Roosters is a distinct possibility - with the Broncos out, I guess I'm on the Cowboys bandwagon although winning from 7th or 8th is a massive ask.
As long as Souths don't go anywhere near the GF, I'll be happy.

morgieb

Request Your Custom Title Now!

You reckon Penrith can beat Manly?

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
There's no shortage of irony in Canberra - the team whose officials and supporters have justifiably been fed up with players walking out mid contract, or behving so badly they get turfed so they can play elsewhere - trying to drag Ricky Stuart down there when he has two years left on his contract at Parrshambles.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Perth Eels yesss.

The bunnies are on fire. Storm have looked like an ageing champion team tonight (and various times during the year). Still 10 minutes left so it wouldn't surprise me to see Storm score a try or two.

dermo

International Vice-Captain
what was that video ref decision

nuffers off his head, storm had the better of that game just didn't execute their plays like they usually do. majority of the game was in souths half

im telling you ****s melbun are balls deep in this finals series

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
In fairness I was on paint preparing a pitch map for the majority of the game. :dry:

I was going for the Bunnies so I exaggerated a bit the difference between the teams. I don't agree though that the Storm had the better of the game, no chance.

dontcloseyoureyes

BARNES OUT
I don't know about you guys but I'm excited to see the damage that Warea-Hargreaves will cause now that we're allowed to tackle people mid-air and nearly kill them.