• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Third Test at Old Trafford

Howe_zat

Audio File
Have to say KP's and especially Cook's reviews were almost laughably bad.

KP's reaction afterwards made his look even worse; you ****ing edged it Kev. Deal.
Really is the sort of thing that puts paid to the "you always know when you've hit it" myth.

It's not a coincidence that all the ex-players who think that's the case never had their wickets reviewed, is it.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
It happens about twice every test these days, where a player wrongly thinks he did or didn't hit it. Yet you just know if it happened in a match tomorrow you'd get the commentators trying to argue it was/wasn't out because of the batsman's reaction and knowing wether they hit it or not.

Shane Warne basically accused KP of cheating today.

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
It happens about twice every test these days, where a player wrongly thinks he did or didn't hit it. Yet you just know if it happened in a match tomorrow you'd get the commentators trying to argue it was/wasn't out because of the batsman's reaction and knowing whether they hit it or not.

For not walking?

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
May have been a bit of a naff way to retain it but I been celebrating tonight. If the boot was on the other foot they wouldn't have cared so sod them. Going to have a monster hangover in the morning but it is worth it with us retaining the ashes once again.

KungFu_Kallis

International 12th Man
Amidst all this unbridled euphoria I would just like to add that the best thing about Kevin Pietersen is how he helped me realise what a daft bitch my ex missus must be for having a major crush on him in real life

Riggins

International Captain
Basically saying he tried to get away with one he nicked, because he obviously knew he edged it 8-)

Wasn't a straight up accusation of cheating obvs, but he did say he was trying to effectively con the review system.
Nah, Warney was saying that somehow because KP didn't think he hit it, that his reaction constituted sufficient evidence to overturn the decision and give him not out. It was laughable.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Nah, Warney was saying that somehow because KP didn't think he hit it, that his reaction constituted sufficient evidence to overturn the decision and give him not out. It was laughable.
You talking about on comms? Because I think he changed his mind after seeing Snicko etc, so by the time he was talking about it in the studio he claimed KP tried to get away with one hoping it would get wrongfully overturned etc.

Riggins

International Captain
ohh. well i didn't see that. but yeah at the time warney's opinion was that siddle only half appealing and pieterson immediately reviewing (even though it wasn't immediate) was sufficient evidence to overturn, and that it should have been not out. so ridiculous.

Spark

Global Moderator
Really is the sort of thing that puts paid to the "you always know when you've hit it" myth.

It's not a coincidence that all the ex-players who think that's the case never had their wickets reviewed, is it.
Self-fulfilling, isn't it? You flash at a wide ball outside off that you don't think you've hit. You're given out and you're peeved because you don't think you've hit it, therefore you must have not hit it. The whole process solidifies your opinion that you always know if you've hit it because you knew you didn't hit it even though you were given out.

One of the dumber pieces of cricketing logic fielded by comms.

Ruckus

International Captain
crazy to think just how different the mood and momentum in the series would be now if we had won that first game. It would be 1-all, with Aus having outplayed Eng in this test and having the momentum going into the 4th. We would no doubt be the favorites to win the series. Always knew deep down that first game was going to be crucial...

Stapel

International Regular
Probably the most anti-climactic way to win the Ashes imaginable, isn't it?
Even though we could see this coming as soon the Aussies had won the toss and actually batted well, it is indeed a rotten idea that this contest ends in this rainy way.
I still feel a bit hard done by.

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Awesome by Aus, really impressed me, the umpiring was clearly the worst team out there though, they will need to find some form before Durham

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Could have won if the weather stayed away but we paid the price for the performances in the other 2 games. Hopefully Harris is fit for the next one. Although they may just rest him anyway.

vic_orthdox

Global Moderator
Self-fulfilling, isn't it? You flash at a wide ball outside off that you don't think you've hit. You're given out and you're peeved because you don't think you've hit it, therefore you must have not hit it. The whole process solidifies your opinion that you always know if you've hit it because you knew you didn't hit it even though you were given out.

One of the dumber pieces of cricketing logic fielded by comms.
I know there's been times when I've been like "There's no way I've hit that", don't even feel close to the ball but you hear the noise. I reckon there's a fair few that I would have reviewed, and sometimes you end up thinking "You know what, I probably did hit that" but you'd also be absolutely spewing with yourself if you walked back and found out that your first instincts were right and you hadn't hit it.

the big bambino

International Captain
It happens about twice every test these days, where a player wrongly thinks he did or didn't hit it. Yet you just know if it happened in a match tomorrow you'd get the commentators trying to argue it was/wasn't out because of the batsman's reaction and knowing wether they hit it or not.

Bit harsh if he did.

Trouble with all that is hot spot didn't flame. The 3rd ump went with the sound and the on field decn but KP has every right to say he didn't hit it and hot spot clears him of being called a cheat imo.