• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

DoG's Top 100 Test Batsmen: 50-26

Days of Grace

International Captain
Significant innings?
Exactly. When it comes down to it, Flower's innings rarely contributed to Zimbabwe winning or saving a match. Harsh, but true, when you consider that the team result is the most important thing.

Last edited:

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Both players with very high quality and peak points, but quite low on career. I'm not surprised with the Flower selection at all.

Gilly will beat Flower in the career points and significant innings.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Its funny how you say that about Amla, because I was just about to change my five picks from the last page to include Amla. I'm wondering where Clarke is now too.. I had a quick look through players records and I counted 34 or 35 players to come that I'm fairly confident about. Not sure on the other 3 though, perhaps someone from an early era??

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Thinking about it Amla may even be a bit higher. Will have very good peaks, has played a part in a lot of SA victories of late and imagine at least a couple of great innings. What a man he is.

Howe_zat

Audio File
His adjusted average only has to be cut down as far as mid-40s to miss out though. I think there's a good chance of that.

Younis' I mean

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Flower got all his runs in that South Africa game at five instead of three or four though, so it doesn't really count.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
Nah no way re: Younis Khan. The players around the 100 mark had an adjusted average from around 41 to 45 and they all had lower career points to what Younis will have too. He is a certainty and should be named in the next 5 picks. Its funny though, I never really feared Younis, Inzy and Yousuf individually or as a combo - I don't think any of them would make my top 40 tbh.

ankitj

Hall of Fame Member
Nah no way re: Younis Khan. The players around the 100 mark had an adjusted average from around 41 to 45 and they all had lower career points to what Younis will have too. He is a certainty and should be named in the next 5 picks. Its funny though, I never really feared Younis, Inzy and Yousuf individually or as a combo - I don't think any of them would make my top 40 tbh.
There would be more Pakistanis than Indians in the top 40. That thought is killing me.

Beleg

International Regular

well thats your problem then, mate. inzamam would not be out of place in the top 15.