• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Quoting this from a different forum for your enjoyment

Hahaha, classic Watto. He was always gonna review that. I reckon the mid-pitch went something like this:

Watto: Geez Chris, that wasn't out was it?
Rogers: Nah, sorry mate, that was plumb
Watto: I'm not sure, I'm pretty sure it was gonna miss something.
Rogers: You serious?
Watto: Yeah, I'm gonna check it. I'm glad you agree. *reviews*

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Can you explain why?
Because I'd rather have the stronger bowler. While lower order runs are important its not more important than their bowling. Otherwise you would stack your team with all rounders. Lyon is better than Agar but a dream debut with the bat seems to be clouding peoples judgement on him.

Spikey

TIM HOLLAND ‏@_TimHolland 4m
The BBC are calling it the worst #DRS review ever! @abcgrandstand #iagree #Ashes #Ashes2013

On it's own, nope. But if you add the events of the first test to the mix it's right up there....

Stapel

International Regular
yeah looked more like he was trying to convince Rogers to agree with him rather than asking for his opinion
Reminds me of "The Office" TV-series, when David Brent interviews a female employee, pressing her to admit he is like a father figure to her.

Last edited:

FaaipDeOiad

Hall of Fame Member
Oh come on. Hit in front to a straight ball angling slightly in, no nick, the chances you're ****ed are unusually high. Basically forcing Rogers to give him a reason to refer it is **** bloke behaviour too, especially if Rogers did tell him he was out. Unless you've got some seriously strong reasons to doubt the decision, walk.
So wait, you're saying he shouldn't talk to Rogers about it at all and should just walk? That's utterly ********. They should definitely talk about it because Rogers has the best view and Rogers should tell him he's plumb. If Watson still reviews it at that point he's an idiot. If Rogers didn't tell him that, Watson's not to blame IMO. We really have no idea what was said at this point.

Cabinet96

Global Moderator
Tough on Rogers as well given he's not an experienced test player. For someone like Clarke it's much easier to tell him he's ****ed than for a guy in his 3rd test.

Daemon

So wait, you're saying he shouldn't talk to Rogers about it at all and should just walk? That's utterly ********. They should definitely talk about it because Rogers has the best view and Rogers should tell him he's plumb. If Watson still reviews it at that point he's an idiot. If Rogers didn't tell him that, Watson's not to blame IMO. We really have no idea what was said at this point.
Rogers would be under pressure though. He knows if he said it's plumb and it actually turned out to be not out, Watson would have a sook and get Rogers dropped..

Tangles

International Vice-Captain
Non striker doesnt have a perfect angle to be advising tbh but he should of know he was pretty dead if he has any idea where his stumps are. He was trying to work it from off the stumps ffs.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Also at least Clarke is a great player and you don't mind him wasting one as his wicket is so valuable.
If someone offered me 1-40 odd at lunch with Rogers being one of the not out batsmen, I'd take it as the chances of Watto making a match changing score are somewhere between nil and sweet **** all

From that perspective, Watson did his job :ph34r:

flibbertyjibber

TMS this lunchtime like an episode of the One Show, David Cameron followed by Keane.

Not what you expect at lunch during the Lord's test.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
Haha, I took a screamer of a catch on the boundary fence at Ferguslie back in the day.

Would have been nice for my old club Poloc to have been featured, we're right round the corner from Clydesdale. I think nearly all my best performances came against them as well :D