• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* Second Test at Lord's

BeeGee

International Captain
Finally some common sense has prevailed and we've dropped a man who was averaging 30 across almost 20 consecutive Tests, and reinstated a man who is averaging 23 with the ball

#boofsense
Remind me what Khawaja's test average is?

masterbatter

Cricket Spectator
hoping masterbatter is taking the piss with their username...
I have the groates and the only way I can beat it is by having this username.

Usernames and groates aside, few hours to the 2nd Test, so let's stay focussed to the thread.

I genuinely think Khawaja could emerge from these conditions!

Carn_the_pies

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
Well Uzzie is a better option than Cowan, they should still place Hughes at 1st drop though instead of hiding him down the order.

Will Baa boi's blind faith in Finn be justified? Should be dropped IMO.

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Remind me what Khawaja's test average is?
Khawaja has potential

Cowan not so much

I am so much more willing to live through a few series of mediocrity from a mid-20s player than a 31 year old that it isn't funny

If reports are accurate, we are finally recognizing our true position in the pecking order and are close to selecting our best team (i.e. select our best bowlers and batsmen with the most potential as the incumbents aren't up to it anyway)

If we lose, then **** it as at least we are giving it a shot and the experience will either make or break them

Last edited:

Maximas

Cricketer Of The Year
Warner is also terrible and has done little to prove that he really cares about being in the Australian test team. The pace attack is looking really good now, but I'd be kinda pissed if Khawaja came in ahead of Hughes (batting order wise), the two of them should be preparing to form a 3/4 combination together with Smitteh to come in at 5 when Clarke retires, but Hughes is the no 3 batsmen IMO. But if Cowan plays, I'll be inconsolable, the guy doesn't make big scores, and doesn't always make starts either, complete **** choice at no 3 IMO

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
Pleased to see Khawaja get a run. Like the cut of his gib.

He's like a little mirror image of Tendulkar.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
That YouTube video is of Usman Khawaja scoring a ton against SA on the North Sydney Oval

Spikey

if this was a court case and the issue at hand was "is Usman good enough to be a successful test player" and someone cited that video as evidence that he is, I would demand that the video be deemed as inadmissible evidence because of how irrelevant it is

note: i did not go to law school and have little idea of how the legal system works

Last edited:

Spikey

also usman has the raw ability to be successful at test level but i don't think he's there yet. but if anderson wants to spend all game bowling short long hops....