• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket draft 1945 -1977

Who will win the 2013 Ashes

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

watson

Banned
Here is a rare and fabulous video from 1950 as a diversion till the next player is selected;

Cricket (1950) - YouTube

Enjoy!

(Howe now has 3 picks I think. Can't remember him contributing in Rounds 8 or 9)

Last edited:

watson

Banned
It is highly unlikely that Howe will pick in the next 2 hours because it's becoming late evening in the UK.

Therefore, I think that's it's OK for Pothas to pick ASAP. Otherwise the Draft will held up un-necessarily for several hours during the UK nightime.

Just my opinion.

(Assuming that Pothas is currently in SE London, as I'm guessing that's where Surbiton is)

Last edited:

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
SW London, so close enough.

My pick will not make any difference to Howe anyway so will go ahead and pick Jim Parks.

watson

Banned
ROUND 10
- fredfertang- Collie Smith
- bagapath- Abdul Qadir
- jimmy101- Polly Umrigar
- Himmanv- Lawrence Rowe
- Coronis- Mohinder Amarnath
- Howe_zat- ?
- Pothas- Jim Parks
- LongHopCassidy- Max Walker
- kingkallis- Ian Redpath
- Blakus- Dennis Amiss
- AndyZaltzHair- ?
- Watson- Desmond Haynes

Last edited:

LongHopCassidy

International Captain
The Vincibles

1. Sunil Gavaskar
2. Hanif Mohammad
3. Alvin Kallicharran
4. Martin Donnelly
5. Sir Frank Worrell*
6. John Reid
8. Michael Holding
9. Max Walker
10. Subhash Gupta
11. Lance Gibbs

Shopping for a keeper. Probably Kirmani or Wasim Bari given the spin-heavy attack, although Grout kept to Benaud and Johnson with distinction. None can bat for ****, mind, it's a mercy the tail starts at 10.

Btw, official home ground is Chennai. Having a long, meaningful chat with the groundsman aws.

Coronis

Cricketer Of The Year
1. Gordon Greenidge
2. Barry Richards
3. Seymour Nurse
4. Mohinder Amarnath
6. Garry Sobers*
7. Rod Marsh+
8. Garth le Roux
9. Vintcent van der Bijl
10. Jeff Thomson
11. Bhagwath Chandrasekhar

Just one middle order player to go!

kingkallis

International Coach
Ian Redpath as No.4. He has a decent record at No.5 as well but I'll prefer him to be No.4 and Colonel can bat at No.5...

CricZo XI

1. Sir Geoffrey Boycott /
2. Arthur Morris /
3. Zaheer Abbas /
4. Ian Redpath /
5. Dilip Vengsarkar /
7. Denis Lindsay ( + )
8. Richie Benaud ( c ) o /
9. Sir Richard Hadlee o /
10. Alan Davidson o /
11. Colin Croft o

bagapath

International Captain
Can we sim these matches?
I hope we can. The only time I was part of such an exercise my team lost most of the simulated games.

This time around... With two express fast bowlers in hall and pollock and botham to bowl fast medium swing, the left arm orthox spin of mankad and wrist spin of qadir should make my attack effective against most batting lineups.

I have two very evolved technicians in my team to open the batting, with Hutton being the best ever; and the middle order is made up of three stylists who would not hesitate to cut, pull, sweep or hook when necessary. Mankad will be a thorn in the flesh at 6 and beefy is good enough to turn the game around in a single session with good old village green stuff. If any of them needed extra support pollock and my keeper should be able to stay on long enough to milk those additional runs.

So.... With Sir Len at the helm I expect my team to do better this time around (yeah, I am starting my campaign early)

Last edited: