• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in India 2012/13

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
The worst bit about that is that he's not only dropping Ashwin, he's dropping Ashwin and Ojha.

And we know his opinion on Harbhajan.

Who the **** did he want to play?

Dead set worst selector on CW

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
The worst bit about that is that he's not only dropping Ashwin, he's dropping Ashwin and Ojha.

Yeah he's one of those. From the school of 'decide if you want to drop players or not and then think about the replacements later.'

Would've fit in really well on the New Zealand selection panel in the middle of last decade.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Post England-India

Hey SS, reckon we should persist with Ashwin for South Africa?

:ph34r:
Well, he's earned the spot from his performances here. He's going to be ****house there though. But what other option is there?

Haha, I said back then I had no idea who it could be so we may just have to stick with it.

Also...Jadeja. :ph34r:

Fair.

Last edited:

GotSpin

Hall of Fame Member
Oh dear. What a woeful series. Look I'm not the most knowledgeable cricket fan, but why was Maxwell opening the bowling with Lyon? I loosely followed the days play on cricinfo.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
I hate Dhoni with a passion. I don't want him playing a single match outside of the subcontinent. Ever. I don't care if he scores quadruple centuries every time he bats in India.
Haha, I'm with you there. I call for Dhoni to be dropped all the time. It just made that post even worse in hindsight.

Senile Sentry

International Debutant
So India will be back to no.2 should NZ beat England in the ongoing test.

As Amish said, "Even The Greatest good becomes the Greatest Evil after it has done its time".

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh dear. What a woeful series. Look I'm not the most knowledgeable cricket fan, but why was Maxwell opening the bowling with Lyon? I loosely followed the days play on cricinfo.
wait the first question you're asking is why did maxwell open the bowling?

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
So India will be back to no.2 should NZ beat England in the ongoing test.

As Amish said, "Even The Greatest good becomes the Greatest Evil after it has done its time".
Holy **** is that true?

I will be able to get rid of this avatar a lot sooner than I thought then! Do not **** this up NZ!

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Whenever we pick guys that are doing well and look good in domestic cricket, they happen to turn out alright. Guys like Praveen Kumar, Yadav, Ojha, Ashwin, Vijay, Dhawan, Pujara, Kohli etc. There are of course a few exceptions like Ishant Sharma, Dinda and Jaffer (:(), but generally that's the trend.

That's why it particularly gets to me when in the recent past they've still decided to go ahead with selections like Aaron, Chawla, Yuvraj, Harbhajan, and Raina (did have a few good innings leading up to his selection tbf to him) who don't have those runs or wickets to back them up. This series has shown signs that we're slowly discarding that practice of selection based on names.

Having said that I still fully expect the IPL to launch some ****s career and provide a pathway into our odi and test squad anyways. Just hope it's a bloke who can actually play cricket.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Holy **** is that true?

I will be able to get rid of this avatar a lot sooner than I thought then! Do not **** this up NZ!
**** forgot the rules. Even if India overtake England I still have to have the avatar until around June. Still the best result. Go NZ!