• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

smash84

The Tiger King
Saqlain used to that a fair bit....bowling from a long way behind the back crease

pathetic fielding this.....

Neil Pickup

Cricket Web Moderator
As a bowler, why do it? If I'm umpiring, and I see a bowler who's there and thereabouts on the front line all the time, then I know I have to watch the line closely, because I know there's a probability of a no-ball. I then also have to look up from the return crease to the striker's end, adjust my view, and then be expected to pick up the ball's line, length and trajectory to have confidence in making LBW or caught-behind decision. Consequently there must be less certainty involved and as a result you give more not-outs.

I'd like to see what that noise was if it wasn't a nick...

smash84

The Tiger King
yeah.....that noise was funny, nothing was close except the bat there......

and so many valuable runs flowing for SA

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I think smith will be happy if we get to under 50 deficit, I'm confident in Vernon, he is probably the bowler in our lineup that will eventually get a test century.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
We'll be able to do this if we have to chase 200 in the fourth innings, but not much more. We need to stay out there for as long as possible while the conditions are good for batting.

smash84

The Tiger King
anything above 250 in the 4th innings is always tough but SA have the batting to handle 250.....300+ would be something that Pakistan will be looking to set SA

Pakistan need to get these last 3 wickets cheaply because the lead isn't that much anymore and I also don't expect Pakistan to do well in their 2nd innings.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
I think we will play ajmal better, this is the best bowling we have had in 5 tests, I think we may have underestimated him. We feared batting last at wanderers, but I think smith got a little arrogant here... That said, chasing 300+ will still be very tough.

Last edited:

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
I think we will play ajmal better, this is the best bowling we have had in 5 tests, I think we may have underestimated him. We feared batting last at wanderers, but I think smith got a little arrogant here... That said, chasing 300+ will still be very tough.
I'd be surprised if you end up chasing that many, even if the last 3 wickets fall for next to nothing. You can easily see this Pakistan side being dismissed for under 150 in their 2nd innings, leaving SA to chase around 200.

smash84

The Tiger King
I'd be surprised if you end up chasing that many, even if the last 3 wickets fall for next to nothing. You can easily see this Pakistan side being dismissed for under 150 in their 2nd innings, leaving SA to chase around 200.
This

wpdavid

Hall of Fame Member
WTF.......this partnership is 60+ already......I feel like breaking the TV
It must be desperately frustrating to Pakistan's supporters knowing that this partnership may well have changed the final result. Not simply the mathematics of a 100+ lead ending up as something far lee, but the psychological impact on both sides. Some of your guys are going to have to bat very very well indeed.

EDIT
And as I wrote this, there goes Philander. But they need to take the last two pdq.