• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

Pup Clarke

Cricketer Of The Year
Morkel reminds me so much of Broad with the bat. Not just regards to his build but the fact that he times the ball so sweetly on the off-side.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
Morkel is good when the ball is coming onto the bat. He has lots of text-book shots, he's just really uncomfortable with any ball that's not flat.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Have to admire the depth of SA's batting. Even deeper than England's? No #9 to match Swann, but Big Vern, Steyn & Morkel all much better than Jimmeh and Finn.

sonnench

U19 12th Man
Did you also miss the countless Doosras that went down leg-side after the tail-enders nicked them?
Not sure how you would call it a nick if they hit it leg side. And doubt it was more than a few times, so hardly countless. All I'm saying is we have not been lucky, none more than usual anyway. If you have been watching the tail bat, you would see Vernon, Robin and Morne all have played more genuine shots than false ones.

Last edited:

Satyanash89

Banned
Not sure how you would call it a nick if they hit it leg side. And doubt it was more than a few times, so hardly countless. All I'm saying is we have not been lucky, none more than usual anyway. If you have been watching the tail bat, you would see Vernon, Robin and Morne all have played more genuine shots than false ones.
awta

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bah. Shame. Deserved a ton.

SA from here, IMHO. If two tons can only drag Pakistan to a lead of a dozen I can't a substantial target being set.

Incidentally I note both 1st innings century makers went for Nelsons. Is this a test match first?

Satyanash89

Banned
That is an innings any top order batsman would have been proud of. Brilliant, priceless knock.

SA favorites now imo even though they bat last. The next hour or so is absolutely vital. If Pakistan lose a couple of wickets early, they could panic and fold quickly. Fascinating test match. :thumbsup:

sonnench

U19 12th Man
Great fight by the S.A tail, Robbie P and Vernon are seen as all rounders in our domestic scene, so glad they have come to the party on the international stage, especially Peterson as he hasn't done a whole lot with the ball. On Morne, I have always thought he could be a decent batsmen if he really worked hard at it. Every now and again, like just now, he plays some real top shots. Could potentially become a bit like a Vettori or something.

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
That is an innings any top order batsman would have been proud of. Brilliant, priceless knock.

SA favorites now imo even though they bat last. The next hour or so is absolutely vital. If Pakistan lose a couple of wickets early, they could panic and fold quickly. Fascinating test match. :thumbsup:
Still a few twists and turns to come.

smash84

The Tiger King
how could Pakistan let the ****ing tail screw them over.....

and yes Agent it seems you haven't been watching the match. Philander and Petersen seemed to be middling it very often, barely any edges.