• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

****Official****Pakistan in South Africa

mohammad16

U19 Captain
Found more posts LOL LOL LOL!!!!!

As somebody mentioned earlier we need at least 700 in the first innings to make a match out of it (and that ain't happening). Amla, Kallis, Smith, and De Villiers are going to come out and murder our ****ty attack..........Hafeez the strongest link in there :ph34r:
Stop sounding like a ****. It is a different pitch, Pakistan will be bowling last on here, it should turn more and give Ajmal the edge. Also Irfan may very well be able to claim a couple of important wickets, this match is on, SA still has the edge but anything can happen.
talk to me after the first session tomorrow you useless turds and we'll see who wrong who's right, just beat it
dude, I doubt you can call this even stevens. Pakistan don't have the luxury of having a tail like England's and Sarfaraz is no Prior. If only Asad Shafiq can farm the strike and try to negotiate the new ball and the fresh South African bowlers then we might be able to get to 300.
just wait till SA come to bat, Amla and Kallis will make this look like the roads of SC with neither spin nor pace getting any chance :p
this wicket looks like such a belter.......300 seems like a walk in the park for SA on this wicket.....
excellent work?

dude, this wicket is flatter than a pancake. You just wait and see how South Africa beat the **** out of the pak bowlers
well, Ajmal surprising everybody....nobody else can buy a wicket onn here

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
AHAHAHAHAHAH what a moron.

Also sad to see bitter South Africans moaning about chuckings after just the FIRST time Pak is on top in this game, imagine what will happen if Pak actually wins the test.
No, I admit Ajmal has been brilliant today, there has been the controversial wicket of Kallis, but I'm not getting into that debate, also the tone was set by the pakistan batsmen yesterday and Pakistan have played well to be ahead in this test, this is what we expected from them........Is just that damn doosra.

Fusion

Global Moderator
I’m also going to ask everyone to keep things civil going forward.

Smali – we get that you’re generally pessimistic about Pakistan’s chances and think most of the players are ****. However, please tone it down with that type of posting as it annoys the heck out of everyone else.

Everyone else- please no need to quote Smali now and then have the same back and forth discussion drag down the thread further.

Cheers all.

Satyanash89

Banned
I am not saying you cannot talk about it here..

But my argument is not about whether Ajmal is chucking nor not..

My argument against those who raise a question is simple
First we have to go back and discount 800 test wickets and all the match results and scores that were influenced by those wickets, and then ban Ajmal for the next 100 years.

Case closed.

If you are not prepared to do that, Ajmal can chuck and bend all he wants.

Case closed.
Thats ridiculous, ridiculous logic.
Just because one bowler wasnt punished for what you yourself feel was chucking, no one should be punished? wow

Back to the match, and yeah Ajmal HAS been awesome... I dont know why people are surprised... spinners have done well in SA recently. Bhajji bowled well in the 2010/11 tour, Herath won a match with a five-for recently too. I always expected Ajmal to cause problems in atleast one match.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
People don't understand the chucking rule.

kykweer.proteas, a bent arm doesn't mean he is chucking!!!!

He is chucking if he straightens that bent arm by more than 15%. Now if you have an implant inserted in your brain that detects an arm being straightened by more than 15% let me know where I can get one for myself, otherwise check online that the ICC have used their own technology to monitor his bowling from real time match practise as well as seperate tests and have found him to be legal and within the 15% rule.

smash84

The Tiger King
I’m also going to ask everyone to keep things civil going forward.

Smali – we get that you’re generally pessimistic about Pakistan’s chances and think most of the players are ****. However, please tone it down with that type of posting as it annoys the heck out of everyone else.

Everyone else- please no need to quote Smali now and then have the same back and forth discussion drag down the thread further.

Cheers all.
dude, half the time nobody is even present in the thread so at least I keep this thread alive, even if the posting might be dire at times :p

Fusion

Global Moderator
Ok I assume the last few posters didn’t read my request so I’ll reiterate: Please keep the chucking discussion out of this thread.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
What's up with the Kallis dismissal? Why was it controversial when DRS gave it out?

And how does it relate to Younis's dismissal yesterday?

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
What's up with the Kallis dismissal? Why was it controversial when DRS gave it out?

And how does it relate to Younis's dismissal yesterday?
Because younis was given not out lbw, but he edged it. Kallis was given out caught, while he didn't edge it, the ball hit the outside part of the stump and was an umpires call, but the umpire didn't give him out lbw. So in other words, if hawkeye said kallis was out plum, then there would be no debate, but he wasn't and umpires call was not out LBW.

Thank goodness its friday :D

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Because younis was given not out lbw, but he edged it. Kallis was given out caught, while he didn't edge it, the ball hit the outside part of the stump and was an umpires call, but the umpire didn't give him out lbw. So in other words, if hawkeye said kallis was out plum, then there would be no debate.

As I understand.
But the players don't appeal on the type of out, they just scream as loudly as they can. :laugh:

Isn't it up to the umpire to check all methods of out? I mean they check for a no ball even if umpire doesn't signal. So if umpire has said out for a nick but he is out LBW, shouldn't that be out or shouldn't third umpire discuss with the onfield umpire?

kykweer.proteas

International Debutant
Lol yes, I think the "umpires call" is there cause there is a margin of error with hawkeye, but the umpires call was not out lbw bought caught, I assume. I don't know what the umpire was thinking though? Maybe he gave him out LBW?

Last edited:

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
The most ridiculous thing about the whole process is the lack of clear communication between the upstairs umpire and the on field umpire.

He should have communicated this to the on field umpire and since it was a marginal call, asked him if he wanted to keep his original decision or change it.

Garson007

State Vice-Captain
He should have communicated this to the on field umpire and since it was a marginal call, asked him if he wanted to keep his original decision or change it.
Agree 500%. I think that is what happened, tbh. If it wasn't, I think it was the wrong decision. Only if the umpire was willing to give him out LBW was it out.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Agree 500%. I think that is what happened, tbh. If it wasn't, I think it was the wrong decision. Only if the umpire was willing to give him out LBW was it out.
If I was the infield umpire now, and anyone asks me what was your intention, I would just say yep it was LBW. I would never admit a mistake.