• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

**Official** West Indies in Australia 2012/13

WindieWeathers

International Regular
Alright lads!!.. well needless to say thats a good ending to a terrible tour for us!! :laugh: , i think today we saw why we're the best in the world at this format, it doesn't really matter where we are midway through the innings as more often than not we explode at the end and the opposition walks off the field not knowing whats hit them, and really more often than not thats when we win the game,

Charles has just come on leaps and bounds during this tour, he's been brilliant of late, yes there's still some technical issues to work on but now he's been chosen to attend our High Performance Centre i'm hopeful he will improve just like Kieran Powell did,

Gayle continues to be a liability and we're winning games without him more and more now, i think he's time could very well be up now, you can't continue to fail and expect to be picked.

And yes the commentators tried to make excuses about "this isn't Australia's best team".. but erm this isn't our best team either!! :blink: , Ramdin, Badree, Rampaul and Samuels are missing who were all in the world cup winning team, all are vital to us aswell, so we can all play that game.

In closing i'd say the IPL, Big Bash, Bangladesh Premier league etc are like what county cricket used to be to our legends of the 80s, foreign t20 leagues are making our guys more professional and we're taking over now!! :D , and whats funny is some stars from our domestic t20 competition who don't even play for the WI senior team right now like Kevon Cooper and Christopher Barnwell are being picked up by IPL clubs now so we're only gonna get stronger for the next world cup imo.

Dan

Hall of Fame Member
And yes the commentators tried to make excuses about "this isn't Australia's best team".. but erm this isn't our best team either!! :blink: , Ramdin, Badree, Rampaul and Samuels are missing who were all in the world cup winning team, all are vital to us aswell, so we can all play that game.

Playing two games on two different continents simultaneously, picking a bowling attack with a combined total of T20i wickets in single figures and considering playing Ben Laughlin of all people is a bit more severe than missing one good top-order bat and a slightly better wicketkeeper, IMO. (Badree always a fringe player in Australian conditions, Rampaul never getting a game ahead of Tino in that form).

Anyway, didn't get to see much but the young blokes weren't overly impressive with the ball statistically - how did Haze, NCN and Cutters Cutting bowl? Faulkner having a golden summer in his limited chances.

Last edited:

social

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Why doesnt anyone object against Pollard baulking when bowling as it is totally against the spirit of the game?

Sorry, forget that, why doesnt everyone just slaughter his bowling?

His slower balls have to be amongst the worst disguised that I have ever seen

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Absolutely atrocious end to the summer. Didn't see the point of playing the game at all. The schedule planners need to **** off.

"A one-off T20 with half the squad in India for the important stuff, what could possibly go wrong?!"