• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Sri Lanka in Australia 2012/2013

DriveClub

International Regular
Mark my words, all the Aussie batsmen except Clarke will have a horrendous tour in India. Everyone's being made to think because of England's victory there Aus is going to have a cakewalk there but these batsmen aren't a patch on the English especially KP and Cook. Seriously poor against any semi decent spin and will fall like a pack of cards in India.

Zinzan

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Glenn McGrath.... great bowler, great man but awfully boring commentator. Surely not the permanent replacement for Tony Greig is he?

Midwinter

State Captain
I don't know what's happening in Australian domestic cricket to comment. All I know is Ed Cowan seems to be a remarkably average looking player to be an Australian Test opener. I can't think of a worse one in the last 20 years.
Not arguing about how he looks but until someone better comes along, we need a someone with a bit of mongrel who can do a job for us.

Remember the selectors didn't want to play Hughes against SA.

Briony

International Debutant
Mark my words, all the Aussie batsmen except Clarke will have a horrendous tour in India. Everyone's being made to think because of England's victory there Aus is going to have a cakewalk there but these batsmen aren't a patch on the English especially KP and Cook. Seriously poor against any semi decent spin and will fall like a pack of cards in India.
And the problem for us is that we don't have decent spinners either.

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
With what Apo said, he's basically said Clarke is great and Cowan, Warner and Hughes will struggle in India. We've only got 4 bats here who will play in India so its not an amazing call or anything.

I think Warner is the most likely from the 3, I feel confident enough with him batting against spin, not so much Cowan or Hughes really.