• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan ATG Team - Open Voting

watson

Banned
I make it so far;

Bowler
Fazal Mahmood = 5
Abdul Qadir = 3
Saqlain Mushtaq = 3

Wicket-Keeper
Rashid Latif = 8
Wasim Bari = 3

More people have voted for a spinner thus far, but because the vote is split the swing bowler Fazal Mahmood leads.

AndyZaltzHair

Hall of Fame Member
Fazal Mahmood was mighty successful in sub continent, in fact he was so successful that his average was around 20 with 10 five-for and economy under 2! I'm guessing if Fazal gets selected, then Mushtaq Mohammad must be locked in the team?

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
For me Waqar and Fazal are te best two Pakistani pacers, with asim and Imran a definite step behind, so as Fazal didn't get in previously they'll have to play without spinner so Fazal here

Wasim Bari was a superb 'keeper, and not the worst bat in the world, and he Waqar and Fazal as 9, 10 and 11 are hardly pushovers

smash84

The Tiger King
Fred please Waqar, Bari, and Fazal at 9, 10, and 11 are definitely pushovers

And that's a big call that you rate Waqar and Fazal a step ahead of Wasim and Imran

fredfertang

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Fred please Waqar, Bari, and Fazal at 9, 10, and 11 are definitely pushovers

And that's a big call that you rate Waqar and Fazal a step ahead of Wasim and Imran
Nah I don't think they were that bad at all - granted if the eight down were numbers 1-8 you wouldn't expect too much but they were all, Wasim particularly, capable of hanging around - its not as if they were the equivalent of Bedi, Prasanna and Chandra

watson

Banned
I'll call it soon - looks like a potent 4 man pace attack with Fazal Mahmood in the thick of it, and Latif behind the stumps.

Last edited:

watson

Banned
As it stands;

Bowler
Fazal Mahmood = 8
Abdul Qadir = 3
Saqlain Mushtaq = 5

Wicket-Keeper
Rashid Latif = 9
Wasim Bari = 5
Imtiaz Ahmed = 1 (thanks 8ankitj)

Last edited:

watson

Banned
And so we have one of the greatest pace attacks ever assembled in a pretty good side thus far;

03. Younis Khan
04. Javed Miandad
05. Inzamam-ul-Haq
06. Imran Khan ?
07. Imran Khan ?
08. Rashid Latif
09. Wasim Akram
10. Fazal Mahmood
11. Waqar Younis

However, we still haven't resolved our No.6 problem which was a two-way tie the previous round of voting. So please select a No.6 batsman, or another bowler if you want Imran to move up the order, or have a wild plan that I haven’t thought of;

Some choices are;

Mohammad Yousuf
Mushtaq Mohammad
Zaheer Abbas
Saleem Malik
Abdul Qadir
Saqlain Mushtaq

(Note: If you think that we should allow bit more time to select a 4th bowler/wicket-keeper then please say so and I'll delete this post. But I think that the verdicts are pretty clear.)

Last edited:

Satyanash89

Banned
Fazal's inclusion neans theres really only one choice:
Mushtaq Mohammad

If it was upto me i'd have had Saqlain/Qadir instead of Fazal

Xuhaib

International Coach
yeah Mushtaq since you need atleast one spinner.

btw I think Mushtaq developed his bowling pretty late since he hardly bowled in his first fourteen matches.

Last edited: