• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cook carrying on from Strauss in the bounced catches appeal stakes. Tradition continues.

Spark

Global Moderator
Tendulkar must be seriously worried about the lbw he got in the last Test. Staying really legside of the ball.

Burgey

Not like your captain hasn't got previous for that kind of thing though is it?
He's a changed man, is Clarkeh. Cook just demonstrating he's carrying right on. Appalling. If that was Ponting there'd be a thread full of ****s lining up to abuse...... Oh.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
I'm not sure why he's bringing back Anderson, Swann was troubling GG a bit in the previous over.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
England's session, losing 2 wickets on an Eden Garden's wicket isn't good, need 500+ at least.

flibbertyjibber

Happy with that, looked very dodgy when the openers looked so at ease but the dodgy run out and poor shot have helped us. Get an early wicket after lunch and put the under pressure out of form players under some intense pressure and see what happens.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Tendulkar is interesting. He has now played in four separate decades - I think he's a little different in terms of memory. I'm 28 now and I was five years old when he debuted - people have literally grown up with him, and people who were adults are now pushing middle age so he's been such a huge overarching figure in so many people's sporting life that I don't think that'll be the case. The kids who only grew up in the past ten years, it's of course a different story.

If you didn't watch cricket in 1998, you don't really appreciate what he meant. The only useful thing in 1990s for Indian cricket - where winning away series in Zimbabwe seemed impossible.

cnerd123

likes this
Well, Gambhir and Sachin aren't exactly in great form.

Probably scared of getting out as well, given the media uproar over their failures with the bat recently. Determined to not lose to England it seems.

weldone

Hall of Fame Member
Tendulkar isn't trying to hit out of form. He very much knows what reactions he'll get if he gets out for a 10 in 50 deliveries or so. Still he has so much confidence in his defense! What a great fighter!

Someone like Pietersen needs to learn this from players like Tendulkar, Dravid, Kallis, Ponting - having confidence in your defense in the worst of times...

Last edited: