• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** England in India

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Tbf assuming KP and Cook bat the day out as expected then it pretty much guarantees India can't win.

Kylez

State Vice-Captain
You'd expect that response from Cevno to a post which doesn't in any way address the discussion at hand.
:laugh:!

Smali chimes in with the same worthwhile contribution he's produced consistently since the forum's darkest month - August 2010.
:laugh:

Classic posting from Burgey in the last few pages.

I loved how KP approached the final 10 minutes. I hope he makes a good score and looks to dominate. A batsman using his feet on a fizzing deck is exciting viewing.
Agreed. KP vs the Indian spinners could be a great watch tommorow. Ohja looks so much better the slower that he bowls.

DriveClub

International Regular
First two and a half sessions seemed a bit weird to me. Would have thought India would have wanted to either force the pace or bat longer. Last hour was, sadly, unexpected.

:laugh:

Tendulkar, Kallis and Ponting a bit hard done by IMO.
The Ponting & Tendulkar that are playing now aren't ATGs even though they are, well past their sell by date. You could say Kallis and arguably Steyn are the ones left and they're both saffers. It might explain why the Saffers have only lost one away Test in the last 3 years. But still doesn't explain why they choke at home.

Salamuddin

International Debutant

The two most successful sides in India over the last 15 years have been South Africa and Australia. .
I think Pakistan have played as well as AUstralia in India have if not better.

Australia barring the 2004 series (where IMo they were lucky to get away with a draw at Chennai) were beaten in every series they played in India since 1996.
They have won a total of 4 tests (one of which was a dead rubber) there over 6 vistis to the country.

Pakistan won there in 1999, drew in 2005 and lost only 0-1 in 2007 - a total of three live wins in 3 attempts.

Motorwada

Banned
I think Pakistan have played as well as AUstralia in India have if not better.

Australia barring the 2004 series (where IMo they were lucky to get away with a draw at Chennai) were beaten in every series they played in India since 1996.
They have won a total of 4 tests (one of which was a dead rubber) there over 6 vistis to the country.

Pakistan won there in 1999, drew in 2005 and lost only 0-1 in 2007 - a total of three live wins in 3 attempts.
1999 was a 1-1 draw.

So it is 1-1, 1-1, 0-1 in India.

Oz I'll rate higher as they managed a series WIN.

Salamuddin

International Debutant
1999 was a 1-1 draw.

So it is 1-1, 1-1, 0-1 in India.

Oz I'll rate higher as they managed a series WIN.
Pakistan defeated India twice in 1999 - once at Chennai and the other at Kolkata.

In reality Austraia have been quite poor in India barring that 2004 series when their great team was arguably at their zenith.

Last edited:

Salamuddin

International Debutant
I said it before this series and I'lls ay it again:

England's seam attck isn't anywhere near as good as jokers like GingerFurball, Corryn, Pickup, Robbins etc have made out.

I'll be amazed if ENgland win this series - history tells you that the teams that have won in India have had great or very good bowling attacks.
Windies 83 - marshall
Pakistan 87 - Imran & Wasim
Australia 04 - Mcgrath & Warne with Gillespie in support
SOuth Africa 2000 - Donald & pollock

England's current crop of bowlers are great when the ball is swinging and seaming but when it isn't they are very pedestrian.

Motorwada

Banned
Pakistan defeated India twice in 1999 - once at Chennai and the other at Kolkata.

In reality Austraia have been quite poor in India barring that 2004 series when their great team was arguably at their zenith.
Kolkata wasn't part of the bilateral.

It was part of the Asia Test Championship where matches where played in different countries.

You can't just lump matches to create series.

Motorwada

Banned
I said it before this series and I'lls ay it again:

England's seam attck isn't anywhere near as good as jokers like GingerFurball, Corryn, Pickup, Robbins etc have made out.

I'll be amazed if ENgland win this series - history tells you that the teams that have won in India have had great or very good bowling attacks.
Windies 83 - marshall
Pakistan 87 - Imran & Wasim
Australia 04 - Mcgrath & Warne with Gillespie in support
SOuth Africa 2000 - Donald & pollock

England's current crop of bowlers are great when the ball is swinging and seaming but when it isn't they are very pedestrian.
Agree with the others.

Not 87. 87 was due to Tauseef/Qasim. Imran/Wasim averaged 49/32 respectively. Series was 4 flat pitches followed by a dustbowl.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
What an eventful first 2 overs :laugh:

KP could have been out 3 times on any other day. Such close misses.

Ganguly spraying the **** out of KP's batting right now. He's coming out blindly rather than sensible use of footwork.