• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Draft League

kyear2

Cricketer Of The Year
Female Cricketer

Rachel Heyhoe-Flint (Hall of Famer)

KYEAR XI

Arthur Morris
Bill Lawry *
Greg Chappell (6) ^
Brian Lara ^
Inzamam Ul-Haq ^
Mustaq Mohammad (5)
Jock Cameron +
Malcolm Marshall (1)
Bill O'Reilly (3)
Colin Croft (2)
Ken Farnes (4)

Rachel Heyhoe-Flint

Quite happy with effort this draft. Had fun.

Red

The normal awards that everyone else has
I take that to be the underlying assumption behind all these Drafts.

When fellow CWers vote for their favourite team they are thinking foremost which team would most likely win an inter-team Test series. Or something like that.

It sounds all very pragmatic and un-idealistic I know. But if the goals and aspirations of this Draft were to be different from normal then they should have been stated from the get-up.
Yeh, fair enough. In that case, my line up will be the one with Redpath!

watson

Banned
Yeh, fair enough. In that case, my line up will be the one with Redpath!
You have damned good cricket team Monk - Redpath or no Redpath.

I'll be interested in reading your team write up about Redpath because he isn't a player that would readily spring to mind. However, I do have a recollection that Ian Chappell thought very highly of him.

Red

You have damned good cricket team Monk - Redpath or no Redpath.

I'll be interested in reading your team write up about Redpath because he isn't a player that would readily spring to mind. However, I do have a recollection that Ian Chappell thought very highly of him.
Cheers mate, to be honest I'm not entirely convinced about my line-up. I think they'd put up a very good fight though. Not entirely sure about AB keeping, but it does give my bowling attack nice variety with the three quicks plus an offie and a leggie. Bats well all the way to #9 as well, with Gregory, Benaud and Trumble all capable batsmen.

Redpath a largely unmentioned player. Average of 43 as an opener is really good, and made runs against some decent attacks. Pretty quiet, unassuming guy, great guy but not a big personality, so probably easily forgotten.

kingkallis

International Coach
Female Cricketer

Rachel Heyhoe-Flint (Hall of Famer)

KYEAR XI

Arthur Morris
Bill Lawry *
Greg Chappell (6) ^
Brian Lara ^
Inzamam Ul-Haq ^
Mustaq Mohammad (5)
Jock Cameron +
Malcolm Marshall (1)
Bill O'Reilly (3)
Colin Croft (2)
Ken Farnes (4)

Rachel Heyhoe-Flint

Quite happy with effort this draft. Had fun.
Thats one of the best line-ups we have in this draft along with Monk, Blakus, AZH

kingkallis

International Coach
CricZo XI

1. Jack Hobbs /
2. Barry Richards /
3. David Boon /
4. Herbie Taylor /
5. Clive Lloyd ( c ) /
6. Alec Stewart ( + ) /
7. Trevor Goddard / o
8. Alan Davidson o /
9. Hugh Tayfield o
10. Curtly Ambrose o
11. Herman Griffith o

12. Jan Brittin /

Bowling attack : Curtly Ambrose, Alan Davidson, Herman Griffith, Trevor Goddard and
Hugh Tayfield

Last edited:

Himannv

International Coach
Had to do some digging to figure out who was in my team. Two days without internet does that to you.

01. Geoffrey Boycott
02. Alastair Cook
03. Viv Richards
04. Allan Border
05. Lindsey Hassett*
06. Graham Thorpe
07. Les Ames+
08. Shaun Pollock
09. Harold Larwood
10. Fred Spofforth
11. Muthiah Muralitharan

12. Ellyse Perry

Himannv

International Coach
Awesome opening combo, kk.

Tried to pick a team with as less weak links as possible. I'm also counting on Perry to win me some votes. :p

watson

Banned
I don't think that anyone's selected a keeper yet, so - Claire Taylor - the Adam Gilchrist of women's cricket. Probably a good slips catcher too if the need be.

Claire Taylor | Cricket Players and Officials | ESPN Cricinfo

Watson's XI
01. Len Hutton
02. Mark Taylor*
03. Justin Langer
04. Walter Hammond (5)
05. Dudley Nourse
06. VVS Laxman
07. John Waite+
08. Andy Roberts (2)
09. Dennis Lillee (1)
10. Erapalli Prasanna (4)
11. Courtney Walsh (3)

12th. Claire Taylor

Red

Sorry gents, haven't had time to update the list for the last few days. I had told Jager I'd do it for the draft, but work got in the road.

Should only be a couple more people to select their female cricketer.