• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** New Zealand in India 2012

Blain

U19 Captain
Over here they are reporting that Baz will open the batting.

Guptill
McCullum
Williamson (RFS)
Taylor*
Flynn
Franklin (LM)
Watling+
Bracewell (RFM)
Southee (RFM)/Boult(LFM)
Patel (RFS)
Nethula (RWS)/Wagner(LFM)

The batting picks itself, I dont know if it's wise going into the best spin palying nation with 2 average spinners.. Wagner is known to the reverse the ball a little so wouldnt be suprised to see him there instead of Nethula.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
So we're scrubbing van Wyk? I like your style one post in.

Apparently Hesson is a big Reece Young fan and believes he was harshly dealt with. He wants to pick the guy who does the best work with the gloves and worry about the runs beyond that. Only trouble is, Hopkins is trying to commandeer the gloves in Auckland. Which Reece wasn't aware of until he was signed sealed and delivered.

Boult has to play with the way he bowled in the second WI Test, does he not? And McCullum should always have been opening for the balance of our side. Averages 45 there and for some reason decided he didn't want to do it anymore. Obviously his old mate Hess talked him into it.

McCullum Guptill Flynn Taylor Williamson Franklin Watling+ Bracewell Southee Boult Patel. Rather have Flynn at 3 at this stage, Williamson a better player of spin.

BackFootPunch

International 12th Man
Who is our best pure keeper? I don't remember Young disgracing himself by any means. But let's just pick de Boorder tbh. He's gun.

Blain

U19 Captain
So we're scrubbing van Wyk? I like your style one post in.

Apparently Hesson is a big Reece Young fan and believes he was harshly dealt with. He wants to pick the guy who does the best work with the gloves and worry about the runs beyond that. Only trouble is, Hopkins is trying to commandeer the gloves in Auckland. Which Reece wasn't aware of until he was signed sealed and delivered.

Boult has to play with the way he bowled in the second WI Test, does he not? And McCullum should always have been opening for the balance of our side. Averages 45 there and for some reason decided he didn't want to do it anymore. Obviously his old mate Hess talked him into it.

McCullum Guptill Flynn Taylor Williamson Franklin Watling+ Bracewell Southee Boult Patel. Rather have Flynn at 3 at this stage, Williamson a better player of spin.
I dont know if they will cut Kruger, but I dont really see him adding as much as Watling would in the team. He might be a more experienced gloveman, but with our batting being in such terrible form I'd take a few more byes over a weaker bat at this stage.

The tough one is that India would be a tough place to keep, the conditions are far different to the ones back home. Will be interesting to see what Hesson does there. Patel will hardly be chucking Doosra's all over the place..

We really need a young spinner pushing through this season. I cant think of any who could nudge their way in, a wrist spinning all rounder would be ideal... :mellow:

straw man

Hall of Fame Member
Young was horrible in Australia with the gloves.
Wouldn't go that far but he did drop Clarke (?) off Bracewell at a crucial moment in the first test and that was massive. That miss cost more than all his crappy innings with the bat combined.

I thought Young was a little unlucky to be dropped, not a lot unlucky.

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Aren't half you ****s who are bagging out Rohit Sharma saying how **** he is the same pricks who were yelling at me and calling for Kohli to be dropped for Rohit during the Australian tour???

Oh you're not... you're different people? Sorry carry on. :ph34r:

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Aren't half you ****s who are bagging out Rohit Sharma saying how **** he is the same pricks who were yelling at me and calling for Kohli to be dropped for Rohit during the Australian tour???

Oh you're not... you're different people? Sorry carry on. :ph34r:
I've always felt Rohit is more likely to succeed in Tests than ODIs and ideally he'd make his debut here, but picking him when he's clearly so short on form and confidence probably wouldn't do anyone any good. Annoying situation.

I actually can't remember my position on Kohli/Rohit; I think I stayed loyal to the crown despite how tempting it would have been to call for Kohli's dropping just to piss you off.

BeeGee

International Captain
Apparently Hesson is a big Reece Young fan and believes he was harshly dealt with. He wants to pick the guy who does the best work with the gloves and worry about the runs beyond that.
I'm liking Hesson already.

The keeper is in the team to keep wicket.
The batsmen are in the team to score runs. If the batsmen did their job properly we wouldn't have to experiment with turning a batsman into a makeshift keeper.

If I had a dollar for every time the bottom half of our batting lineup scored more runs than the top half I'd be a ****ing millionaire.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
Who is our best pure keeper? I don't remember Young disgracing himself by any means. But let's just pick de Boorder tbh. He's gun.
Most agree it's Young. Yeah he made one balls-up in Australia but I don't know if he kept horribly. Just made one glaring error, which in a Test match can be all that is required to decide it.

De Boorder will be well in the pecking order given he was under Hesson at Otago. He'll know how good he can be.

Van Wyk is a very average keeper standing up. That may reveal itself in India. But then again, Watling would probably struggle just as much.

Kippax

Cricketer Of The Year
Most agree it's Young. Yeah he made one balls-up in Australia but I don't know if he kept horribly. Just made one glaring error, which in a Test match can be all that is required to decide it.

De Boorder will be well in the pecking order given he was under Hesson at Otago. He'll know how good he can be.

Van Wyk is a very average keeper standing up. That may reveal itself in India. But then again, Watling would probably struggle just as much.
So much CW debate about this, but Ronchi's keeping for us against England home and away anyway. :ph34r:

Smart money's on NZ not feeling too proud for it straight after that brief tour of South Africa, let's face it.

Contra

Cricketer Of The Year
Raina's just not suited for test cricket I'm afraid. Rahane, Pujara and virat are my three picks. Rohit Sharma can gtfo and Badri is too old now. I'd rather not have him in the side at this stage.

Raghav

International Vice-Captain
Is n't it lame idea to have Baz open the innings when we have Flynn (left-hander) + Guptill opening partnership working well?

For me the lineup for Hyderabad test :

Flynn
Guptill
Williamson
Taylor
Franklin
McCullum
BJ Watling
Bracewell
Southee
Boult
Patel

Wagner and Nethula to miss out.. If NZ plays two spinners, it's like giving the test to Indian hands.. That would be big mistake, when you know Indian batsman are good players of spin and these spinners will be hit to all parts... (these spinners not anywhere near to trouble Indian bats.. )

Last edited:

Howsie

International Captain
Time Out : Time Out | 'Hard to be positive about New Zealand cricket today' | Cricket videos, MP3, podcasts, cricket audio | ESPN Cricinfo

Doully not impressed by Wagner whatsoever "The biggest dissapointment of the Windies tour" according to him. Average pace, can't hit the seam, wouldn't want to bowl with him at all. Even his biggest fan, that clown Richardson snuck a little snide comment in there. Love it, only two matches and all these idiots that talked him up are already seeing how insanely average he is.

SteveNZ

Cricketer Of The Year
It's tough when you find yourself agreeing with Simon Doull. It physically curdles the stomach. Doubts creep in that you have been lobotomised in your sleep.

African Monkey

U19 Vice-Captain
Time Out : Time Out | 'Hard to be positive about New Zealand cricket today' | Cricket videos, MP3, podcasts, cricket audio | ESPN Cricinfo

Doully not impressed by Wagner whatsoever "The biggest dissapointment of the Windies tour" according to him. Average pace, can't hit the seam, wouldn't want to bowl with him at all. Even his biggest fan, that clown Richardson snuck a little snide comment in there. Love it, only two matches and all these idiots that talked him up are already seeing how insanely average he is.
I don't know how anyone could take those two muppets seriously tbh.