• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Your Favourite FIVE Cricketers

Waughney

International Debutant
How? If Watson can make the current Australian team he must be good. Ervine's bowling is too inaccurate and inconsistent.

Mr. P

International Vice-Captain
Waughney said:
How? If Watson can make the current Australian team he must be good. Ervine's bowling is too inaccurate and inconsistent.
1/ Watson can't make the current Aussie side

2/ Ervines batting is far superior in MY opinion to Watson

3/ Ervine is about equal with Watson bowling wise

Waughney

International Debutant
Mr. Ponting said:
1/ Watson can't make the current Aussie side

2/ Ervines batting is far superior in MY opinion to Watson

3/ Ervine is about equal with Watson bowling wise
1)He's just coming back from injury but beforehand he was becoming a regular

2)Ervines batting is better but I beleive Watsons ability is sufficient (Australia already has more than enough batting depth)

3)When Ervine is on song they are equal. However Ervine is way too inaccurate to be included and used regularly in the best side in the world.

Waughney

International Debutant
He's improved greatley since then (especially in the batting department) But is still no match for Watson.

Mr. P

Waughney said:
He's improved greatley since then (especially in the batting department) But is still no match for Watson.
Well its just my opinion mate. I reckon Ervine can match Watto in all areas.

Mr. P

Waughney said:
That's fine, my post was more in reply to Neil, saying that he was a good player :p
Yeah ok. I took it on board because I sort of started the argument. :dry: :p

bagapath

International Captain
tough one really... i decided to go for five cricketers who i enjoyed watching the msopt in the last 30 years or so.... dont know how else to choose five from scores of greats who i have admired....

viv richards
adam gilchrist
sunil gavaskar
malcolm marshall
shane warne

watson

Banned
In no particular order;

1. Dennis Lillee
2. Viv Richards
3. Richard Hadlee
4. Brian Lara
5. Ian Botham

There's also something about SF Barnes, Frank Woolley and John Snow that facinates me.