• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Group B Discussion - Netherlands, Denmark, Germany, Portugal

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Bloody hell. Just switched over from the rugby. Did not expect that scoreline.

HT highlights look all Netherlands tho; seem to have had a very solid shout for a pen too.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Dutch forgetting the old adage 'play to the whistles'. Too busy shouting at the ref to realise they still had the ball.

Absolute robbery from Denmark should they hold out.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Come on. How is that not a pen? Most blatant robbery since the second leg of the Chelsea/Barca semi in 2009.

Credit to the Danes and all, but **** me.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Should have had a pen at the end, but otherwise Holland can have no qualms about the result. Pretty rubbish performance by them.

Denmark good value though.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
Looks bad for the Dutch from herein tbh. Quite fancy Germany to win tonight and against Denmark. Wouldn't bet against Denmark beating Portugal based on what we just saw either.

In any event, the match against Germany will pretty much be a must win for Holland now, and I don't like their chances.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Still can't decide who to support in this
For maximum schadenfreude I think an early humiliating Germany exit and a tearful Ronaldo during a dramatic Portugal defeat in a knockout game would be the plan - the latter part would be pretty likely if they made it through their group.

Scaly piscine

Heh @ 'injury' after a bit of a robust challenge on the German (who didn't make a meal of it surprisingly) - perfectly timed with the referee coming over to possibly brandish a card.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Germany look a class above for mine. Portugal not out the blocks yet really.

Scaly piscine

Germans are obviously slipping. When they pull out the cynical foul they usually catch the guy properly.

Not quite a goal doesn't count I suppose. Oh and yes Portugal are and always have been dull as **** whenever I've seen them on TV.

Last edited:

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
First goal line controversy of the tournament but the replay is pretty clear, not a goal

Pothas

Oh some England twaddle.

Rumours that Portugal were going to be more attacking than they were in 2010 seem to be unfounded, hope Germany get one early in second half and we might get a game. Germany clearly not going to be allowed to destroy teams in the counter llike they did in the World Cup.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Ha, he's been absolutely schisse, but that's what he does, innit? Great header.

Hopefully we'll see somthing in the last twenty mins now.

weeman27bob

International Regular
Currently making a whole pound in profit from some bets I put on this game. Could do with Germany scoring another though, then I'd make £6.50. Pretty hardcore stuff.