• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

*Official* English Domestic Cricket 2012

TT Boy

Hall of Fame Member
Some start to the county season by Huw Waters. On a hat-trick on the 3rd ball of the game.

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Surprised a few people are going for Kent as wooden spoonists anyway. I reckon there's a good chance they'll get promoted.

theegyptian

International Vice-Captain
Surprised a few people are going for Kent as wooden spoonists anyway. I reckon there's a good chance they'll get promoted.
looking at they're team today they've made a load of decent signings. so if the first team stays fit they may have a chance.

I also like the look of Essex now with Petersen and Greg Smith

Last edited:

chris.hinton

International Captain
Most Wickets in County Championship: Richardson
Most Runs in CC: Trescothick
Division One Champions: :Lancashire
Division One Bottom 2: Middlesex & Worcestershire
Division Two Top 2: Yorks & Kent
Division Two Wooden Spoon: Leicestershire
T20 Champions: Somerset
CB40 Champions: Warwickshire
Quickest Hundred in CC: Sarwan
Young Cricketer of the Year: Topley
Cricketer of the Year: Woakes
Failure of the Year: Taylor
Batting at NO.6 for England in the last test of the summer: Bopara

Jacknife

International Captain
Great morning session Yorkshire, no really we're totally setting our stall out as we mean to go on here.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Great morning session Yorkshire, no really we're totally setting our stall out as we mean to go on here.
Shahzad in being an over-rated, under-performing shallum shocker.

To be fair we aren't going to come across many opening combinations better than Key/Newman in Division II but that attack looks extremely Sidebottom-reliant. Pyrah is not good enough to bowl first change, especially in a side without a top class spinner, and as for Shahzad.. well see the first line of this post.

Last edited:

Scaly piscine

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Hmm Paul Muchall is a new one on me (FC debut, just got Wheater out). He's an interesting player. Made his List A debut against Durham and his debut wicket was his brother.