• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Pakistan Cricket news/views

salman85

International Debutant
Read the whole interview from the website.Only the highlights make him look stoned.The entire interview is very 'Sober' ;)

Fusion

Global Moderator
Read the whole interview from the website.Only the highlights make him look stoned.The entire interview is very 'Sober' ;)
Agreed, the entire interview is actually very interesting. Especially the part about him evolving from using a tape-ball to a real ball. However, the "highlights" are a bit strong on his part. Tbf to him though, he's usually very outspoken in all his interviews.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
So Mohammad Sami has started the Pentangular Cup - Pakistan's most high-quality First Class tournament - with 14 wickets @ 9.

Chance of one last recall? :ph34r:

G.I.Joe

International Coach
Can't support Imran Khan politically without agreeing to Sami's inclusion in the national team, IMO.

smash84

The Tiger King
PEWS thinks Imran > Bradman

so I might not be that disappointed if he doesn't subscribe to Imran the politician

AaronK

State Regular
its incredible how much bad blood does the 90's side has against each other. Wasim hated Waqar, Waqar hated Wasim. Afridi and Akhtar hated both Wasim and Waqar, Aamer Sohail hates every one. No wonder they never reached their potential despite being one of the most talented teams around.
not to forget..basit ali, aaqib javid and Rashid latif and their issues with Wasim Akram. the whole latif and Moin khan bad blood... overrall, the 90s team was one of the most divided and worst team in the history of pak cricket.. Not in terms of talent because most of those players went on to become great players and legends on their own rights.. but as a team and their personality and egoes..they never played for the country.

AaronK

State Regular
most people are forgetting this but the full credit of this performance should go to ICC...The nation of pakistan and all the pakistani fans should be thankful to ICC... historically, pak have always produced great cricketers.. even during 90s, when this team was performing the worst.... they had talented players who could single handedly win matches for pakistan.. but the problem was their off field problems such as match fixing... spot fixing and so on..

ICC cleaned pak cricket.. got rid of all the spot fixers.. match fixers and currept players.. If mr ass (Salman butt) and his friends (kamran akmal, asif, aamir and shoaib malik) were still playing.. i don't think pak would have performed this good. they would have lost most of these matches..

So.. Thank You ICC..

Black_Warrior

Cricketer Of The Year
Absolutely.That was the period of the greatest players in Pakistan history and yet it never became the number 1 team... There is a reason for that... I blame Wasim partly because even now, it seems he takes pot shots at Waqar, Akhtar, Aamer Sohail.. That says a lot about his nature.. I haven't seen Waqar take pot shots at Wasim since the 90s...and not to mention he is the one who introduced match fixing in Pakistan cricket.