• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

salman85

International Debutant
No.Umar Akmal needs to stay out of the Test team and earn his return.He's had the luxury of a spoiled brat so far.He needs to realize that pure talent will not get you into the team everytime.He needs the execution to back it.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
Well they barely used Junaid and we need the extra bat.
There's a danger of basing selection for the next Test too much of what happened in this Test, though. If you do that you're always just one step behind. I think you have to pick at least two seamers. It'd be handy if there was a medium pace-bowling allrounder pushing for a place, but it'd because the ideal situation to play one. I don't think recalling Arafat or Azhar Mahmood would be a great idea at this point though.. :p

Jacknife

International Captain
Just watched the highlights how GUN was Broad, smashing Ajmal and the spinners all over the joint. Loving how both spinners are bowling but Monty was awesome from what I have seen, changed his speed and used the bowling crease very well, he really has improved his game since the last time he played for England, so much more confidence in what he's doing.
Tomorrow morning England need a huge effort from everyone, they need to replicate what they did from the first innings and smash the tail out quick fashion, hopefully try to keep the lead to under 100 but I still fancy them chasing 150 down.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
That's the only reason why they wouldn't play an additional bat for a seamer (making the assumption that the conditions for the next test are the same).

Younis can bowl medium pacers though.

GIMH

Norwood's on Fire
Morning sessions have gone well for us in this Test. If tomorrow follows suit then that's all we should need.

Shame we're on top, this thread misses all the hangers on :whistling

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
There's a danger of basing selection for the next Test too much of what happened in this Test, though. If you do that you're always just one step behind. I think you have to pick at least two seamers. It'd be handy if there was a medium pace-bowling allrounder pushing for a place, but it'd because the ideal situation to play one. I don't think recalling Arafat or Azhar Mahmood would be a great idea at this point though.. :p
Lets not forget that "Sami is an allrounder now" according to that interview, though.. :ph34r:

Daemon

Request Your Custom Title Now!
All signs point to Sami :p

Averages 30 with the bat and 16 with the ball this season

Edit: beat me to replying to your own post. WAC.

marc71178

Eyes not spreadsheets
The ball is definitely turning a fair bit more now than it was on Day 1 though.
Which may well help England with picking Ajmal, I get the feeling that if it will be a lot harder for him to use both his variations if it's turning lots as he won't be able to rely on keeping a consistent line.

Prince EWS

Global Moderator
All signs point to Sami :p

Averages 30 with the bat and 16 with the ball this season

Edit: beat me to replying to your own post. WAC.
Haha I'm realy quite keen for a Sami recall tbh. Unfortunately what I love most about Misbah is that he'd never do such a thing. Unless I really am Misbah then it has no chance of happening.

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
How will you rate him if he averages 50 after 50 tests and then retires.

Also if Misbah asks you to become Pakistan's stats guy, would you take up the offer.

Howe_zat

Audio File
Atherton said that even 10 years ago, an opening batsmen would never be given out like Hafeez was today. Says you knew you could plonk your foot down against the spinner and you were safe. That seems like a huge weapon that's been taken from the bat.

On the other hand, it seems to pale a touch in comparison to the vast impact it would need to have to actually up results. Spinners in the past knew they weren't going to get an lbw shout given, so they worked on other ways of getting the batsman out.