• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Pakistan and England in UAE

Who do you think will win?!

• Total voters

Howe_zat

Audio File
Is that stumps? Encouraging scoreline.

For some reason or other I've managed to convince myself that we'll bat ourselves right back in front tomorrow. Will be pretty crushed if they collapse again.

sledger

Spanish_Vicente
this is why I always maintain this slow and steady approach by Pakistan will hurt them vs big teams.The likes of Anderson and Swann can tilt a game at any time you need to be more proactive(not reckless) when you have a partnership going.
Belies a lack of confidence in their ability imo.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Cool story bro, get in the present. It hit him in line and technology has shown that. Don't really know how it's possible to dispute that, yet you're finding a way.

Pull your head in + incomprehensible nonsense about a no-ball.
A bigger clown I have never seen.

Xuhaib

International Coach
Belies a lack of confidence in their ability imo.
barring Hafeez and Younis all of them are very defensive batsman the side needs some one like Umer Akmal to step up a quick 60-70 from him would have completely changed the game.

hazsa19

International Regular
The match is still dependant on how England play Ajmal in the second dig.
This. If we were facing any other attack I would back us to get a 200 lead. But the mere mention of a 'mystery' spinner sends our batsmen into fits.

Spark

Global Moderator
barring Hafeez and Younis all of them are very defensive batsman the side needs some one like Umer Akmal to step up a quick 60-70 from him would have completely changed the game.
Nick to first slip on 5 would also have changed the game tbh

Pothas

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
The match is still dependant on how England play Ajmal in the second dig.
Indeed, as will the rest of the series, the bowlers proved today that they can do a job on these pitches. As of yet we don't know if the first innings performance was just a one off collapse or an indication of a long term failure in these conditions. It is probably somewhere between the two but I am sure they will not bat anywhere near that badly again.

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Conventional swing is much more dependant on seam position iirc though. So it's a bit harder. But yeah doing what I said in the post at will even with a reversing ball takes a serious amount of skill, hence why it's labelled an 'art'.
Nah you're actually quite right with just flipping the ball.

Conventional swing is reliant on your 'natural' action. Some are natural in swing bowlers, while others out swing.

Reverse is totally concerned with the ball and aerodynamics. You don't need a certain action to make it reverse one way or the other.

uvelocity

International Coach

Conventional swing is reliant on your 'natural' action. Some are natural in swing bowlers, while others out swing.

Reverse is totally concerned with the ball and aerodynamics. You don't need a certain action to make it reverse one way or the other.
gonna be easier to convince me about aliens itbt

Spark

Global Moderator
The skill I was referring to there is in more the construction of the spell though, like how a good spinner would work a batsman over with his variations. Because you can move it both ways at will and because it moves so late, if you really think about how you're going to set the batsman up you can make it near impossible for him to survive.

Last edited:

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain
Agreed. The balance looks much better with Umar Akmal at no 6. At the moment this line up looks reliable, but a bit one dimensional.

Spark

Global Moderator

With the caveat that you can't have Mitchell Johnson's action, ofc.

NasserFan207

International Vice-Captain

I've always thought 'side on' bowlers got more swing in general (reverse and conventional).

Last edited:

uvelocity

International Coach
With the caveat that you can't have Mitchell Johnson's action, ofc.
nah I'm natural outswing and hit the seam 97% of the time. Need to alter action to bring arm near ear to get anything like inswing.

Maybe have just never bowled with a suitable ball, but I have got a ball I've used at training for years which is reasonable one side and pretty ****ty the other.

Play LO cricket so no chance of getting reverse in a game ftr