• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

CW Test Rankings - Updated Jan 2012

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Official CW rankings

They're back (provisionally). I just entered all the data for the past hour, there might (will) be some mistakes. I'll double check it all soon, but here's what it looks like (series which are in progress aren't included):

1. England 1220
  2. Australia 1173
  3. South Africa 1140
  4. India 1087
  5. Sri Lanka 918
  6. Pakistan 753
  7. NZ 631
  8. West Indies 627
  9. Bangladesh 102

Last edited:

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
India lower than in ICC rankings because they've only beaten New Zealand and West Indies in away series. The 0-4 in England really hurt them badly because it really downgraded their away rankings (doing well away counts for more than doing well at home). However, India are currently the best 'home team' - they have not lost a series to anyone in the last set of series they've played. And as expected, England are the best travelers.

EDIT: Can a mod change the title to 'Updated January 2012'?

Last edited:

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Official CW rankings

They're back (provisionally). I just entered all the data for the past hour, there might (will) be some mistakes. I'll double check it all soon, but here's what it looks like (series which are in progress aren't included):

1. England 1220
  2. Australia 1173
  3. South Africa 1140
  4. India 1087
  5. Sri Lanka 918
  6. Pakistan 753
  7. NZ 631
  8. West Indies 627
  9. Bangladesh 102
Mate if you're only using stats from the last hour they ain't worth a lot :ph34r:

smash84

The Tiger King
Official CW rankings

1. England 1220
  2. Australia 1173
  3. South Africa 1140
  4. India 1087
  5. Sri Lanka 918
  6. Pakistan 753
  7. NZ 631
  8. West Indies 627
  9. Bangladesh 102
The gap between SL and Pakistan seems ridiculously big considering that Pak really kicked SL in the last series

morgieb

Official CW rankings

1. England 1220
  2. Australia 1173
  3. South Africa 1140
  4. India 1087
  5. Sri Lanka 918
  6. Pakistan 753
  7. NZ 631
  8. West Indies 627
  9. Bangladesh 102
Yeah those are pretty good, WAG.

I'm surprised that my estimates (which for the first one was the same formula) were fairly off.

morgieb

The gap between SL and Pakistan seems ridiculously big considering that Pak really kicked SL in the last series
While Sri Lanka have been terrible since Murali retired, before that they were fairly gun at home at least. Think Australia are the only side to actually beat them at home.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
I'm double checking some things (I've had to update the whole spreadsheet yesterday so I am just making sure I have the result of every series down right) - maybe you guys can help me double check.

1. NZ has not beaten anyone at home except Bangladesh
  2. India has not lost to anyone at home
  3. England has lost to WI SRL and India away
  4. England has won at home against everyone except RSA
  5. Pakistan has won at home vs. everyone except England (drawn vs. Aus and RSA ) - all neutral series counting as "home")
  6. WI have won vs. England at home and drawn vs. SL and Pakistan

Assuming I haven't made any mistakes above, here's what the rankings look like:

1. England 1184
  2. RSA 1119
  3. Australia 1108
  4. India 1104
  5. Sri Lanka 892
  6. Pakistan 885
  7. New Zealand 630
  8. West Indies 623
  9. Bangladesh 102

#2-#4 are so close that the current Aus-Ind series result could definitely see some reshuffling to pretty much any order between those three.

Last edited:

smash84

The Tiger King
this is more like it I suppose......still think Pak should be above SL but the difference is very small.....looks good now

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
It's a tie - the difference is so small that results from other series not involving SL or Pak can flip the rankings - same with Australia/India/South Africa.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
India lower than in ICC rankings because they've only beaten New Zealand and West Indies in away series. The 0-4 in England really hurt them badly because it really downgraded their away rankings (doing well away counts for more than doing well at home). However, India are currently the best 'home team' - they have not lost a series to anyone in the last set of series they've played. And as expected, England are the best travelers.

EDIT: Can a mod change the title to 'Updated January 2012'?
Must be more a reflection on how arse everyone else is; our away record isn't really that flash. We've lost the last away series we played against India, West Indies, Sri Lanka and Pakistan & drew in SA.

I imagine the 3-1 win in Oz earns a few points tho.

silentstriker

The Wheel is Forever
Well technically, you guys 'won' away at Pakistan - wasn't that series in England considered a 'home' series for Pakistan?

But yes, I know what you mean.

BoyBrumby

Englishman
Well technically, you guys 'won' away at Pakistan - wasn't that series considered a 'home' series for Pakistan?

But yes, I know what you mean.
No, I don't think so. The series where they played Australia up here was a "home" series for Pakistan, but I'm 90% our series that followed was an actual home one. We'd last played in 2006, so 2010 would be about right timeline wise.

Athlai

Not Terrible
Pakistan played a "home series" vs. NZ in NZ, but I'm fairly certain the rest of their tours were away tours (besides vs. Aus in Eng obviously).