• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

***Official*** Australia in South Africa

Furball

Evil Scotsman
"I wouldn't want to guess how many runs Smith has scored in this region throughout his career"

I'm guessing at least 7,300

NUFAN

Y no Afghanistan flag
ahahahahaha

They get compared because they have the same results - 5er, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, 5er. Same as Ponting and Kallis get compared - they average 55 odd.

Anyway, Siddle is in the team for his bowling. He gets judged on that. He's been our 3rd best bowler out of 4. That's hardly anything to boast about. But anyway, I don't think he's been bad or anything. He's just been so mediocre. And we've seen it so many times. And it's never really been punished. I can understand why he got picked for this test match. I didn't like it. I'm not shocked by this result. I don't want his papers stamped. He's got talent. But you know, he got picked on the back of 5 fc games and he's been given a gold pass since. He's 26 odd. Getting dumped for his consistent non-performance at test level isn't gonna destroy him. Same as MJ. One has to go. After the Ashes it was MJ for me. Then I changed to Siddle. Now I'm leaning back to MJ. But one has to go. So often it's left to the other seamer for Australia and it ain't healthy.
Do you really think we've had 3 better performed fielders? Yeah I realize he gets picked for his bowling, he was named as 3rd seamer, and he's been the third best seamer, seems normal to me..

Drop Johnson, not Siddle - Johnson doesn't look like taking a wicket, Siddle does from time to time.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Awesome batting by South Africa . Just goes to prove that there are no demons in the pitch and the reason for bizzare collapses had more to do with the batsmen themselves

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
ahahahahaha

They get compared because they have the same results - 5er, nothing, nothing, nothing, nothing, 5er. Same as Ponting and Kallis get compared - they average 55 odd.

Anyway, Siddle is in the team for his bowling. He gets judged on that. He's been our 3rd best bowler out of 4. That's hardly anything to boast about. But anyway, I don't think he's been bad or anything. He's just been so mediocre. And we've seen it so many times. And it's never really been punished. I can understand why he got picked for this test match. I didn't like it. I'm not shocked by this result. I don't want his papers stamped. He's got talent. But you know, he got picked on the back of 5 fc games and he's been given a gold pass since. He's 26 odd. Getting dumped for his consistent non-performance at test level isn't gonna destroy him. Same as MJ. One has to go. After the Ashes it was MJ for me. Then I changed to Siddle. Now I'm leaning back to MJ. But one has to go. So often it's left to the other seamer for Australia and it ain't healthy.
I agree that something has to give wrt to the bowling, but more serious questions need to be asked about our batting, and it's been that way for a long time. The batting line-up has been collapsing left, right and centre, and it needs to change before the bowling does. And JL should definitely be under the spotlight.

Burgey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Awesome batting by South Africa . Just goes to prove that there are no demons in the pitch and the reason for bizzare collapses had more to do with the batsmen themselves
Yep. These AstroTurf decks never change one bit.

Lyon has at least induced a couple of false shots. Appalling captaincy from Clarke who, tbf, has been decent since taking over for the most part.

Furball

Evil Scotsman
I agree that something has to give wrt to the bowling, but more serious questions need to be asked about our batting, and it's been that way for a long time. The batting line-up has been collapsing left, right and centre, and it needs to change before the bowling does. And JL should definitely be under the spotlight.
Yeah, the bowling's been poor but they were given next to **** all to defend by the batsmen and their cause hasn't been helped by spilling the two chances they have created.

ganeshran

International Debutant
Yep. These AstroTurf decks never change one bit.

Lyon has at least induced a couple of false shots. Appalling captaincy from Clarke who, tbf, has been decent since taking over for the most part.
I didnt say the pitch didnt change, rather the collapses yesterday had less to do with the pitch and more with the batsmen playing poor shots and being unwilling to grind it out in unfavourable conditions. They tried to hit out of pressure and paid the price

Ikki

Hall of Fame Member
Do you really think we've had 3 better performed fielders? Yeah I realize he gets picked for his bowling, he was named as 3rd seamer, and he's been the third best seamer, seems normal to me..

Drop Johnson, not Siddle - Johnson doesn't look like taking a wicket, Siddle does from time to time.
The difference between 3rd and Harris/Watson is enough to warrant questions of him. People don't pick 3rd seamers to do ****-all. Let's get serious here. If Siddle is the kind of bowler you want to see in this team then I can't agree with you. I would much rather Cummins or Copeland to take up that spot if they're going to be largely ineffective because I think they can grow.

Obviously, Bollinger though.

Spikey

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Oh yeah def agree. In some ways I'll find it annoying if Haddin goes first, which is looking likely, because the problem is higher up. I mean Ponting just has to go first for me. Watson has been just as bad as Haddin since the WC. Hughes obv.

With JL, i don't even think they was a process for the batting coach. He just got given it. Cause he played 100 tests. hardly a surprise it hasn't worked out