• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Tour Matches

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Well this doesn't make selection matters easier with Sehwag having having played no real cricket for months now.

flibbertyjibber

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Well this doesn't make selection matters easier with Sehwag having having played no real cricket for months now.
He'll play but if I was an Indian fan I wouldn't be expecting too much as it is bloody hard to come back after injury and just play top class cricket without being ready. Broad showed that against Sri Lanka recently. Anything he does do is a bonus, got to be better than Mukund anyway even with no practice.

Top_Cat

Yes and no. He's a class player and experienced so if he's fit and he's telling you he's fine, you'd pick him unless Mukund absolutely dominates this attack. Even then, considering the quality, it'd be worth debating.

Last edited:

Howe_zat

Audio File
This attack is really nothing to draw any conclusions from. It's just about trying to give the players a go.

Cevno

Hall of Fame Member
Yes and no. He's a class player and experienced so if he's fit and he's telling you he's fine, you'd pick him unless Mukund absolutely dominates this attack. Even then, considering the quality, it'd be worth debating.
Yeah absolutely, he plays if he is fit.

But need to ascertain at what level he is in terms of practice, as he is just recovering from a surgery and hasn't played any cricket at all for months.

And as for Mukund if he dominates here i would consider him maybe coming in the middle order(or even Sehwag there) instead of Raina as the second new ball has been a problem the last 2 tests on almost every occasion.

Top_Cat

Must admit I'm a bit torn on the issue of Raina. He's hitting them well but his dismissals have looked really bad. His issues with the short ones are old news but I dunno if shoehorning Mukund down the order is the solution.

nsniks

State Vice-Captain
And as for Mukund if he dominates here i would consider him maybe coming in the middle order(or even Sehwag there) instead of Raina as the second new ball has been a problem the last 2 tests on almost every occasion.
Not a bad suggestion if Mukund scores well today. 50 up for Mukund

keeper

U19 Vice-Captain
Imagine this was a toss India wanted to win to get some quality time in the middle...

Wonder what this team would have looked if it wasn't for injuries and the series scoreline?

Turbinator

Cricketer Of The Year
Mukund
Gambhir
Sehwag
Tendulkar
Dravid
Laxman

Hmm... I know this is unconventional, but perhaps Mukund deserves another chance here especially since he has had some practice/experience in these conditions this tour. And if Gambhir and Mukund can see off the new ball, play out some overs, Sehwag can become dangerous down the order. Plus, it can't be any worse than what Raina or Kohli look to contribute in these conditions. If an early wicket falls, we can send in Dravid at 3 and move Sehwag further down the order.

It's do or die time now as far as this series is concerned, so hey why not try something that may just work and perhaps even catch England off gaurd.

Last edited:

scorpio1990

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
@turbanator That is one idea which has a good chance of paying off.Especially since mukund has just made a 100 in tour match

shivfan

Banned
No Kohli, despite both Dravid and Tendulkar being rested. Doesn't look like they've a mind to play him at all if Saha is ahead.

Or have Kohli and Ojha simply not arrived yet?
I'm surprised Tendulkar is not playing in this match....

He missed the entire tour of the Caribbean, and must be rusty. He averages less than 30 on this Test tour so far, and could clearly use the practice.

I can't believe Saha is playing in this game instead of Sachin.