• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The New Analytical Pakistan

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Are Afridi and Waqar really being analytical or are they making it all up as they go along and riding on luck so far?

IIRC Waqar wasn't a very good captain (Wasim was the more intelligent one) and Afridi has never really been intelligent. :laugh:

Dissector

International Debutant
I am sure the new analytical Pakistan will learn a lot from their upcoming semi-final defeat.:p

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
Not really as much as India. If we lose Afridi will just say that it wasn't his fault because after all he is only 16. On the other hand if India loses Dhoni is under huge pressure.

salman85

International Debutant
Lovely to see such support for the first captain to take Pakistan into the last 4 in 12 years.:)

Athlai

Not Terrible
Waqar's ideas when he was commentating for the Pak-NZ series a while back seem to have come to fruition. Take from that what you will.

smash84

The Tiger King
Waqar's ideas when he was commentating for the Pak-NZ series a while back seem to have come to fruition. Take from that what you will.
I remember Wasim saying, when Waqar was appointed as coach, that Waqar was a great guy to have a coach. A person with the right attitude, will, and determination. Which is saying a lot given that they do have a bit of history between them.

Seems like he wasn't too far off.

Sanz

Hall of Fame Member
Not really as much as India. If we lose Afridi will just say that it wasn't his fault because after all he is only 16. On the other hand if India loses Dhoni is under huge pressure.
Dhoni under pressure of what ? Dhoni is under no pressure as captain, that much should be clear to all fans. Not saying it will be an advantage to have Pakistan captain under more pressure, because Pakistan under pressure is advantage Pak (at least in games against India).

Jono

Virat Kohli (c)
Dhoni isn't under pressure of losing his job, but to say he's not under pressure is ridiculous.

Xuhaib

International Coach
I hope Pakistan never becomes an analytical side like SAF, one of the beauty of Pakistan is raw talent, flair and its inconsistency ofcourse some off the off field issues over the last 2-3 years were too much to take and I hope things don't go as bad as it went 6-8 months back but there is something romantic about Pakistan's unpredictability.

Leg Cutter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
I hope Pakistan never becomes an analytical side like SAF, one of the beauty of Pakistan is raw talent, flair and its inconsistency ofcourse some off the off field issues over the last 2-3 years were too much to take and I hope things don't go as bad as it went 6-8 months back but there is something romantic about Pakistan's unpredictability.
What is so romantic about Pakistan's unpredictably ?

salman85

International Debutant
It's just the way a country plays,and there is a certain attachment to it.We might pull off our hair off at the stuff that goes on in Pakistan cricket,but the same players can be world beaters too.It's a part of Pakistan cricket.I'm all for the analytical thing,as you do need to move on with time,but the unpredictability of Pakistan Cricket will always be there because it's down to the personality of the nation as a whole,not just a Cricket Team.

I do get where Xuhaib is coming from.After you've seen something for so long,a drastic change,even if it's for the better,would be a little hard to digest.

For example,imagine if SA won a knockout match at the WC.:ph34r:...We must never let that happen,NEVER!

Last edited:

Leg Cutter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
It's just the way a country plays,and there is a certain attachment to it.We might pull off our hair off at the stuff that goes on in Pakistan cricket,but the same players can be world beaters too.It's a part of Pakistan cricket.I'm all for the analytical thing,as you do need to move on with time,but the unpredictability of Pakistan Cricket will always be there because it's down to the personality of the nation as a whole,not just a Cricket Team.

I do get where Xuhaib is coming from.After you've seen something for so long,a drastic change,even if it's for the better,would be a little hard to digest.

For example,imagine if SA won a knockout match at the WC.:ph34r:...We must never let that happen,NEVER!

Nice to see your reply salman, I Think we should change our personalities and i think this is not an easy task :laugh: