• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

The New Analytical Pakistan

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
South African problem is the lack of depth in their batting alongwith using part timers. They should have had Albie Morkel for the world cup as a proper all-rounder rather than botha.

Amla
Smith (people are exploiting his weakness)
Kallis
DeVillers
Duminy
Du Plesis
Ingram
A Morkel
Steyn
Morkel
Tahir

Imagine if they had the option of using all their players :ph34r:

Amla
Smith
Trott
Kallis
KP
AB
Duminy
Du Plesis/Albie
Steyn
Morkel
Tahir

Leg Cutter

School Boy/Girl Cricketer
South African problem is the lack of depth in their batting alongwith using part timers. They should have had Albie Morkel for the world cup as a proper all-rounder rather than botha.

Amla
Smith (people are exploiting his weakness)
Kallis
DeVillers
Duminy
Du Plesis
Ingram
A Morkel
Steyn
Morkel
Tahir

Imagine if they had the option of using all their players :ph34r:

Amla
Smith
Trott
Kallis
KP
AB
Duminy
Du Plesis/Albie
Steyn
Morkel
Tahir
I Would like to replace G.smith with andrew strauss :P

Leg Cutter

Strauss is English
Hmm i thought he is South African too..

By the way in the above post you've mentioned "Smith (people are exploiting his weakness)"
Can you tell me his weakness ??
His wide opened legs in his stance ?? or you are talking about his captaincy's weaknesses ?

Agent Nationaux

International Coach
I shall repeat, Strauss is English. He was born in RSA but has spent all his life in UK, that makes him English. KP and Trott on the other hand were born and bred in RSA. KP played for a South African local team and then decided to try for county cricket bcos he couldn't get into the RSA team (quota system). As for Trott, well he played for the South African under 19 team. You can also tell that they are South African by their accents.

Smith's weakness is against the left handed fast bowlers. That is why Zak always gets him out.

Leg Cutter

I shall repeat, Strauss is English. He was born in RSA but has spent all his life in UK, that makes him English. KP and Trott on the other hand were born and bred in RSA. KP played for a South African local team and then decided to try for county cricket bcos he couldn't get into the RSA team (quota system). As for Trott, well he played for the South African under 19 team. You can also tell that they are South African by their accents.

Smith's weakness is against the left handed fast bowlers. That is why Zak always gets him out.
Hmm.. Thanks for that brief answer sir :)