• Welcome to the Cricket Web forums, one of the biggest forums in the world dedicated to cricket.

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join the Cricket Web community today!

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us.

Cricket on YouTube

Spark

Global Moderator
Seems like Punter is following Rob's channel.

Ricky Ponting has been very effusive in his praise of Shoaib Akthar. Snippets: "I had some great duels with Shoaib over the years," Ponting said. "To this day, I've always said he's the fastest bowler that I've ever faced in international cricket. There's one spell that everyone can watch on the internet of him bowling to me at the WACA. That was reasonably entertaining - more so for Justin Langer, who was at the other end laughing at me all the time when I was trying to keep Shoaib's deliveries out. He was express pace, a very, very good bowler."
That video can't have been up there much more than a week.

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
WOW!!!!!! How cool is that?!?!??!?! My hero Ponting watching my channel! I wonder if he has any requests.....

benchmark00

Request Your Custom Title Now!
WOW!!!!!! How cool is that?!?!??!?! My hero Ponting watching my channel! I wonder if he has any requests.....
I was watching a press conference of Pontings a couple of weeks back, reckons he'd love to see some of Richard Chee-Quee's work.

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
Jeez that Colin Croft incident is ugly. Really, really ugly.

Love how during the Aussies heyday people would be saying that the West Indies were never as bad as the Australians. Well...

abmk

State 12th Man
While Croft's and Holding's reactions were bad, the umpiring in that series was pretty poor and biased towards NZ from what I've seen/heard/read

andyc

Cricket Web: All-Time Legend
While Croft's and Holding's reactions were bad, the umpiring in that series was pretty poor and biased towards NZ from what I've seen/heard/read
Yeah, true. Makes you wonder why it took them so long to bring in neutral umpires, cause it seems that pretty much every country had a reputation of having biased umpires. Hoping that in 20 years time we'll be looking back and wondering why it took them so long to bring in UDRS, tbh.

Top_Cat

Request Your Custom Title Now!
Yeah, true. Makes you wonder why it took them so long to bring in neutral umpires, cause it seems that pretty much every country had a reputation of having biased umpires. Hoping that in 20 years time we'll be looking back and wondering why it took them so long to bring in UDRS, tbh.
Don't know if the WI actually accused the NZ umps of being biased, tbh. Think the general feeling was more one of incompetency. Certainly Rod Marsh made a big deal of it in one of his books and, without checking, I think most WI quotes about the time were along those lines.

But yeah, the image of the WI players of years gone by being paragons of fair play and using this to criticise the Aussies of the 00's is bull****, no kidding. I have absolutely no problem with the way either team played, they played hard and won a lot but it's bollocks to go after one but not the other.

Last edited:

robelinda

International Vice-Captain
No but the WI fieldsman said to Goodall that they (the umpires) were cheats, as Goodall says in the video.